Chapter 19

Daryl's POV

I️ wrap Natalie's ankle as she fiddles with her fingers. The small room is lit dimly by the lantern in the corner. After I'm done I kneel down in front of her, brushing the hair out of her eyes.

"You sure you a'lrigh?" I ask her once again. Seems to be an question I continually ask her. She just gives me a slight nod.

I know she's tired of loosing people, hell so am I. A quickie in a closet only makes you forget for a little bit, but then we are back to the real world.

"What if that had been you? What if I had lost you .. I don't know what I would do." Natalie says back to me, her eyes holding all the things she can't say. I nod and put my hand on her cheek.

"I'm right here." I assure her and she nods, pulling me into a kiss. I am shocked at her sudden actions, but kiss her back instantly. Like second nature. She pulls back, and looks at me for a second before speaking.

"Stay with me tonight. Please?" She asks softly and I look at her for a moment while biting my thumb nail.

Did I want to get too close? What if she leaves me like everyone else in my life? What if she finds something she hates about me?

No dip shit, if she was gonna find something she hates, she would've by now. If you walk away now you will be throwing away everything you wanted with this girl, Daryl. You will be doing something to her you feared would happen to you.

I give her a slight nod making a small smile spread on her features, her eyes sparkle with a hint of happiness.

"Of course." I reply with a ghost of a smile as I pack away the medical supplies.
_______________

Natalie's POV

Daryl's arm drapes over my waist, his face nuzzled in the crook of my neck. I feel his even breaths tickle me and I smile, looking up at the sun shining in through the sheet hanging in the door way.

I could definitely get used to this.

I go to get up but his arms tighten around me.

"Just 5 more minutes." He mumbles and I shake my head with a slight smile, turning to look into those blue eyes of his.

"We have things to do Daryl." I giggle, getting up and putting my boots on. He does the same, pulling me into a kiss. I smile into it and run my fingers through his hair.

"How did I get so lucky." He whispers pushing my hair out of my face. His words shock me, but bring a smile to my face. I peck his lips one more time and put on my belt, grabbing my bow. We both head out of the room. But that peaceful moment is cut short.

We hear gunshots and run out.

"It ain't a breech!" Daryl yells as I get out an arrow and we head into Cell block D. Lydia and Chris run out also. Once we get inside we see the horror.

Walkers everywhere, kids and people screaming.

Daryl snatches a shotgun from a guy and tosses it to Rick. I shoot down two walkers. Daryl swoops up a little girl, placing her in my arms.

"Go! Take her to safety! I'll meet you out there!" He yells over the screams. I want to argue, but I think about the young crying girl in my arms. I run out to where Lydia was sitting with a little boy.

"All hell broke loose in there." She says as I set the girl down who cries, latching onto my leg.

"I️ need to go back in there." I say but the little girl shakes her head.