Chapter 33

Whatttt?? Another update?! Yes!

I hope y'all enjoy ❤️

_____________

Natalie's POV

It's been about 4 months since everything. Its been pretty laid back lately. We are re building Alexandria slowly but surely.

"Babe, I'm headin out!" Daryl yells upstairs. I slip on one of his discarded shirts and head downstairs to bid my goodbyes.

"I wish you didn't have too but that would be selfish of me." I groan as I stand on my tiptoes, pressing my lips to his. He wraps his arms around my waist and leans his head back.

"Well I'd be lyin if I told ye I didnt wanna stay home with ya. Believe me, I wanna." He growls deeply, in a playful tone while lightly grabbing my ass making me gasp. He chuckles lightly before kissing my head.

"Oh, here is a list of things I would like if its not any trouble." I smile up to him, slipping the piece of paper in his back pocket. He smirks to me.

"Ya know nothin is any trouble for ye darlin." He tells me, kissing my cheek before heading to the door.

"I love you!" I yell to his retreating figure walking down the road. He waves back.

"Love ye too!" He yells back making me laugh, biting my lip with a sigh.

Everyone has slowly been getting back into the scheme of things. Slowly but surely we are rebuilding Alexandria, one day at a time.

"Its so nice that its finally peaceful!" Lydia exclaims as she walks into the house Daryl and I were given. I smile at her, finally feeling a bit relaxed for the first time in forever.

"Ever heard of knocking?? But, you... for once.. are right." I tell her as she looks around.

"Where is Daryl?" She asks plopping down on the couch making herself at home like usual.

"About to go out on a run with Rick. I want to surprise him with something but I don't know what. I've never been romantic before." I sigh in frustration. She thinks for a moment.

"Oh! You think he would like that thing you make?" She asks shuffling around in her bag and pulling out a few things. My eyes brighten up as I grab the box of noodles. "You have all the other seasoning and things here. Nobody thought to grab noodles when the world went to shit." She laughs.

"Lydia you're a genius! Pure genius!" I exclaim hugging her.

"Well I don't wanna brag." She says with a shrug making me laugh. "I gotta get going, Chris is expecting me back any minute." She adds before heading out.
___________________
I walk to Aaron and Eric's house with my bag of ingredients I need for dinner. I climb up the steps and knock on the door.

"Come in!" I hear Eric's voice yell, I do so and walk in with a smile on my face.

"Hey! How are you?" I ask adjusting the bag in my hands.

"Doing better. What can I help you with?" He responds with a smile.

"So I'm cooking dinner for Daryl tonight and I wanted to know if I could have some wine. Do you have a bottle to spare?" I say to him as he goes into the kitchen, going through the cabinets before pulling out a bottle, blowing the dust off it.