Chapter 30

Natalie's POV

I sit against the wall and wait for Rick to wake, I read one of those books Daryl had picked up for me back at the prison. And he is still out with Aaron, but I knew it would be like this.

Never in a million years would I have ever picked up a romance novel before the world went to shit. But hell what better things do I have to do? I look up from my book when I hear a small chuckle.

"You were here the whole time?" Rick asks his voice raspy. I close the book and nod.

"Yeah, all night. What's so funny?" I ask and he shakes his head making me sigh.

"Just reminds me of everything we've all been through, and I'm still here." He tells me and I cross my arms.

"Deanna wanted you in here while things cool down. Lydia patched you up. Carl came by for awhile but I sent him home. Rick what are you doing? We put Pete into a different house. Why didn't you tell me what was going on?" I ask him, being as he didn't tell me that Pete was abusing Jessie and their kids. I move so that I am sitting beside him. He sighs.

"I was, but then everything happened and with Noah." He tells me solemnly and I nod. Glenn, Carol, Michonne and Abraham come into the room.

"Deanna is having a meeting tonight for whoever wants to come." Glenn notifies us and I nod.

"To kick Rick out?" Abraham says and Carol shakes her head.

"To try." She speaks up and I nod.

"If Rick goes I go, then it's a domino affect from there." I tell them as they silently agree with a nod.

"We don't know that. Maggie is with Deanna right now trying to figure what it is." Glenn says to us. Carol looks to Rick.

"At the meeting say you were worried about someone being abused and no one was doing anything about it. You say you took a gun to makes sure that Jessie was safe from a man who wound up attacking you. You say a story for whatever they what to hear." Carol says to Rick who nods.

"Why?" Michonne asks and I look to her.

"Because, these people are children and children like stories." I tell her simply.

"What happens after the nice words and they still try to kick Rick out?" Abraham asks from his spot hovering over by the door.

"The armory is guarded." Glenn points out and I shake my head.

"I still have my bow, Lydia and Chris still have their weapons. We've taken out far more people with just us three. We can if need be. Plus the rest of you have your knives, that's all we will need against them." I respond in a low tone making them look at me.

"At the meeting if it looks like it's going bad I'll whistle. If Lydia and Chris are in, Natalie you grab Deanna, I'll grab Spencer, Chris can grab her husband Redge, Lydia and the rest of you hold off the crowd." Rick tells us and I nod in agreement.

"We can talk to them." Michonne tries and I shake my head.

"We will, and if that doesn't work we will tell them we'll slit their throats." I say emotionless.

"Just like at Terminus?." Glenn replies, obviously not liking the plan and I look to him.

"No, We tell them to give us the armory, and it's over." Rick backs me up.

"Did you want this?" Glenn asks as I stand up.

"No. Look I lost my head, I screwed up. And here we are. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to sleep some more." Rick tells them as I slowly usher everyone out, closing the door behind me.