Chapter 24

Another update! Hope you guys like! ❤️
___________

Natalie's POV

The run didn't quite go like planned. But we all came out in once piece with carts and carts of food. I help push one along the road listening in on the conversation with Rick and Michonne.

"You miss your sword?" He asks her and she looks at him.

"Wasn't really mine in the first place. I found it, at the very beginning." She responds, I brush away my wet dripping hair and adjusting my bow while they continue the conversation.

"I miss Andrea. Hershel." Michonne says catching my attention. I look up and see she is looking at me. I look down as we approach the church.

______________

Daryl plops down next to me, handing me a plate of food. I smile at him lightly while everyone talks loudly and laughs.

"I would like to propose a toast. I look around here and I see survivors. You guys have earned that title." Abraham says raising his glass. I glance over to Daryl. "Is that all you wanna be?" He adds making my eyes snap back up to Abraham. "Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forge for food, go to sleep at night with two eyes open, rise and repeat? We get Eugene to Washington and he will make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And that is not a bad take away from a little road trip." He continues onto the speech. I look to Chris and Lydia.

If this is true, and we can make this world back the way it was. I need to go.

The group decides to go in on it, and that's what we are going to do.

______________
Lydia's POV

Chris helps me to my feet, once the group finds out that Daryl and Carol are missing. And just finding Bob outside with no leg, shit just got real.

"Should we wake and tell her?" Chris asks as I look over at a sleeping Natalie. I shake my head.

"No she is out cold. If we tell her, she will be compulsive and want to leave now. It's to dangerous. With those people out there we can't risk her going out. She won't listen to nobody. Let her be and we will explain it all later, hoping Daryl and Carol return before then." I say to them and Rick nods.

"Natalie doesn't think straight when she is worried about him. When she doesn't think straight she gets careless and we can't afford that." Rick tells us making everyone agree. Chris and I go over and sit beside a sleeping Natalie.

Daryl always comes back.. right?

______________

Natalie's POV

The wine hit me a little harder than I expected. So I ended up falling asleep.

What do I find when I wake up?? Daryl gone. again.

"Where did he go??" I exclaim to Rick who looks at me confused for a moment. "Daryl! Where is he!" I yell once again. His eyes widen a bit in realization.

"He went out with Carol, I thought they would have been back by now." Rick says concerned. I scoff and shake my head.

"I should have known. There he goes leaving. Again." I say with a dry laugh, starting to pace.

"He'll be back." Rick tries and reassures me. I spin around to him while the whole group watches me.

"Yeah Rick. And how many times will he leave after that huh? Maybe a few more times until I can't take that compulsive redneck no more! Abraham, I'm going with you in the morning." I shout as I throw shit in my bag, Rick hovering.