Chapter 28

I hope y'all enjoy! ❤️

_________

Natalie's POV

The gates open infront of us, anticipation lacing through the air. We are all startled by a trash can getting knocked over, only for it to be a possum. Daryl shoots it quickly and picks it up as a guy looks at him.

"Brought dinner." Daryl grunts making me smirk a bit. The guy who opened the gates looks a bit uneasy.

"It's okay, come on in you guys." Aaron tells us and we do so, the gates closing behind us.

"Before this goes any further I'm going to need you guys to turn over your weapons." The guy says making me scoff loudly. "If you are going to stay, you need to." He says and I step forward.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick says to him.

"It's fine Nicholas." Aaron tells the guy. I shift my bow to my other hand.

"If we were going to use them, we would have already started by now." I tell Nicholas in a low tone making him gulp.

"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron tells him.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham blurts out.

"She is the person you talk to for whatever you want to know about this place. Rick, why don't you start." He tells us and Rick looks over past the gate.

"Lydia." He says and she turns around, shooting a walker quickly. She turns back around. "It's a good thing we're here." Rick adds.

__________________

I look around the room in awe, my fingers running over the books, not a spec of dust on them.

"Hello. I'm Deanna Monroe." A lady says coming into the room. I look over at her, adjusting my bow. "Do you mind if I record this?" She asks me and I motion for her to go ahead.

"Sure." I speak out while still looking around the room.

"What is your name?" She asks me and I look back over to her.

"Natalia Patrova." I answer simply. She nods and motions to the chair in front of her. I sit hesitantly.

"Are you from Russia?" She asks me clasping her hands together, must notice from my name. I nod slowly.

"Originally from Georgia.. it's a long story." I mumble looking at my mud caked boots.

"That's what this meeting is for, I have time. Tell me about you. What did you do before this?" She asks me and I look back up.

"Me, and 2 others. A woman named Lydia and a man named Chris. We are military made weapons, by the Russian Government. We trained our wholes lives for survival. That's who I am." I tell her simply making her nod, obviously intrigued.

________________

I sit next to Daryl on the steps of a house... yes an actual house. While he guts the possum he shot. Typical Daryl.

"Daryl, Rick took a shower. How about you go take one hm?" I say rubbing his shoulder, getting dirt on my hand. I wipe my hand off on his jeans. He just grunts to me and I shake my head walking inside. I head and go up to the bathroom and take a shower, brush my teeth and change. So glad to finally feel clean for once. I smile, maybe this can be a for sure thing.

Thats a strong maybe.

Night has fallen and I sit next to Daryl while everyone sets up the living room to sleep together for the night. There is a knock on the door making Daryl and I stand up alert, a habit. Rick opens it to be met with Deanna.