《50》

2:13 PM - January 7th
New York Time

"Aunt Barbara?"  I ask confused when she walks in past me.

"Yes it's me, don't you see?" She answers dropping her stuff.

She walks over to the living room and shoots a disgusted look at Daniel.

"Okay Jessica it's time to send your boyfriend home"

"He's not my boyfriend, he's staying here for the rest of the week. But what are you doing here?" I ask following her.

"Your dad has called me, asking me to have you stay with me and i agreed."

I roll my eyes when she looks away. She's the type of aunt who acts all nice when your parents are around but acts all rude when they're not.

"Wait, staying with you?" I ask.

"I'd rather not talk about it with your.. friend... here"

"Uh, i'll go to the kitchen" Daniel says awkwardly, getting up and walking to the kitchen.

I sit down on the couch, waiting for an answer.

"Yes, New York is not my place so you're gonna move in with me in Los Angeles." She answers.

"Los Angeles? When did you move there?" I'm surprised, she used to live in Delaware.

"A few months ago, we're flying there tommorow night so you should start packing.

"But what about mom and d-" I get interrupted.

"They said it was fine, tommorow night. Your friend should be gone by that time too"

"Well, he lives in LA. So he'll be flying back with us"

"If he can get a ticket in First Class, he can fly himself if he can't afford that." She says in a snobby way.

"Don't worry about that, it's not a problem" I roll my eyes and walk over to Daniel.

"Who's that?" Daniel asks when i sit down next to him at the kitchen counter.

"My aunt, appearentely i'm moving in with her till i turn eighteen"

"Oh, well she seems... Nice. Where does she live?"

"Surprisingly she moved to LA" I smile.

Daniel looks surprised at me, with once again a big smile on his face.

"We could see each other more often!" He exclaims.

"Yep, we could meet up more. And i can talk more to your friends who are great" i chuckle.

"But i'm still your favourite right?" He asks.

"Yep" i laugh.

"But wait, aren't you sad for leaving New York?"

"Well i don't really have anything to leave behind except my parents right now. You know the situation here right"

"Yeah, right.. Anyways i guess i'll fly back with you guys. Even though i feel like your aunt doesn't really like me" He scratches the back of his neck.

"It's okay, She's like that to almost everyone. I'm sure she only agreed to be my supervisor because my dad offered her money."

"Oh, i'm sorry. But hey, u was wondering. Maybe we could go around the city tonight, because New York is all beautiful at night" He chuckles

"I remember you said that over text" 

He smiles, as always. Then the bell rings again.

"That should be the pizza" I say getting up.

I go get the pizza and we sit in the kitchen eating it while laughing and talking.

--------------

"It's a nice evening isn't it?" Daniel nods.

We're walking down the street in downtown. He's right, it's nice out. Not too crowded, nice weather for early January.

"What about going to Chipotle" I offer.

I look at the watch on my wrist and see it's like 8.30 and we didn't eat since 2 or so.

"That would be nice" He answers with a smile.

We uber to the nearest Chipotle getting some food. We order and sit down at a table eating our food.
By this time it's past 9 and we decide to start walking home and uber once we get tired. We start walking, this time through less crowded streets. I used to walk home through this street, at least till where my parents would pick me up.
A few people pass us, not much. But once we turn into a street there's a group of teenagers hanging around. We continue walking and i recognize a few people who used to go to my school. I take a breath and continue walking and having a conversation with Daniel.
When we walk past the group of people the thing i hoped not to happen happens.

"Hey Jessica ! Long time no see! New boyfriend?" I hear someone yell and the group walks over to us.

Then i realize it's Blake's "squad".
I hear the girls whispering some stuff behind the boys and then look at me and Daniel.

I awkwardly smile at them, feeling highly uncomfortable.

"So aren't you gonna talk to us and introduce us to your boyfriend here?" Blake asks giving Daniel a dirty look.

"Uh, this is.. Daniel, but we're n-" I get interrupted by a girl.

"See Tifanny i told you! That's Daniel Seavey!" She exclaims.

"Oh so you got a famous love? How much did you pay him to do that for you?" Blake's friend Dylan says, making the whole group laugh, i basically want to disappear now.

"Well i'm sorry bro but you're gonna lose a lot of time trying to date a girl that's not worth it. Because she won't give you what you want" Blake shrugs.

"No, you're the one who lost something. A perfect girl who was working for your relationship. Now that's a shame." Daniel says stepping between me and Blake who was in front of me.

I notice the girls in the back filming us and i hide my face.

"Don't act manned up when you're a little boy" Blake laughs.

"Well maybe you should take your own advice." Daniels shoots back

"Just drop your protective boyfriend act popstar. We know this is fake and Jess' a liar." Dylan rolls his eyes.

Daniels POV

I look behind me at Jess, she seems scared. Bullying and things similar to that kinda annoy me or even make me mad. Jess slightly nods at me signaling to go along with them. I look back and roll my eyes.

"We're not fake and Jess is not liar"

"Prove it, prove she's not a liar" That one Tifanny girl says.

"Let's say this, you prove you guys are real right now. Or we won't leave her alone, ever." Blake smirks like he already won.

"Fine" I answer, turning over to Jess.

I slightly smile at her before lifting her chin up and pressing my lips on hers.

A/n
→1088 words←

I'm sorry i took such a long time to update but i wanted chapter 50 to be a long one because it's 50... i guess haha.
Also thanks for 15K and 300 votes <333

ANYWAYS I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS BEFORE BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT.
I made Jess a personality when i started this book but i kind off got off track with keeping her 1 person so she kinda changed. So i'm here to reveal to you Jess' personality and what type of person she'll be from now on:

Jess is a smart, creative and funny girl. But also very shy and self-conscious. She doesn't really talk much around people she's not close with or doesn't know. Around friends she'll be more open but still keep a lot to herself, scared people will judge her.
She loves; writing/reading, drawing, dancing.
Her dream; Having an influence/voice in this world so she can spread positivity and help people.

Also check out my new book "Groupchat - Why Don't We" If you're interested :-)