《58》

5:35 PM - March 6th
Los Angeles Time
Daniels POV

The ambulance arrives pretty quick, picking Jess up and driving off to the hospital to help her. Of course i wanted to go to there too, to be there for her and know what will happen. I told the boys and they all said they'd come along.
Now, we're all in the car. Jonah driving, me in the passenger seat and the other 3 guys in the back. I find myself deep in my thoughts every now and then.
After a drive that felt like the longest i've ever been on we finally arrive to the huge building. We go inside, asking for Jess, only to hear she'll be brought into surgery soon and we won't be able to see her.

As we sit down to wait all types of questions start floating around my mind.

What happened?

Why did it happen?

Why was she out there?

When it's been like two hours a nurse comes over to us telling us Jess has been out of surgery for a while but can't have visitors until the next morning.

"We should come back tommorow" Jonah advises.

The boys all looked at me.

"W-what if we can get in earlier? Guys we can't just go home.." I start.

"Daniel, she needs to rest. We're all worried about her but we can come back tommorow morning" Jack says putting a hand on my shoulder.

After a good five minutes of the boys trying to get me to come with them they finally get me to go home. The carride back home is silent, all of us probably wondering what's going to happen to Jess. Once we get back to our place we get out the car. The boys walk into the house and i follow them slowly.

I still have no idea why she was here. Was she on her way to ours?

I shut the front door behind me and make my way to our living room. I sit down on the couch and sink deep in my thoughts as i slouch a bit down making myself comfortable.

-

"Daniel!" I hear Jacks voice shout in my ear.
I look up at him, a confused expression on my face.

"You've been sitting here for like twenty minutes dude. Are you okay?" He asks dropping himself on the couch next to me.

I nod and look around, it's dark outside. It's probably been for a while too but there was a little light out when we got home.

"What's on your mind?" The curly haired boy asks looking at me.

I stay quiet for a bit and look down, thinking of an answer while biting the inside of my cheek.

"Jess?" He asks.

"I think.. you guys were right.." I start.

"Right about what?" Jack answers as he sits up straight. I then hear the kitchen door open and Jonah walks in with a cup off coffee -which is such a surprise- looking at us.

"I do like her, a lot.. Gosh, i love her" I finally admit, "I'm just scared it's too late-"

"Don't say that" The older boy interrupts me as he sits down next to us, he probably picked up the subject while listening.

"She'll be fine" Jack reassures me.

I look down and take a deep breath.

"Ask her out bud" Jonah pats my shoulder.

"I knew it from the start, thank me later for losing track of time in the store" Jack chuckles before getting up and going upstairs.

- T W O -
[594 Words]