Chapter 1- Hail the Prince.

Not proof read.

Thanks for reading..

That fine man is Christopher——>

Chapter 1- Hail the Prince.

~"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."-Elbert Hubbard~

***

The times when nature compromises with your mood are the best times ever.

Do you see the grey clouds over your head when you are sad?

Do you feel the leaves changing its colour, the flowers letting go of their bright colours?

Because I do. Imagination overpowers proof; and we often see what we want to.

For me, they certainly are the best times ever as I have the power of ingenuity and that's the only thing I can control.

I wanted the clouds to match their rhythms with mine, so that we could soak the ground in loneliness, together.

That is what happens. Well most of the time during this time of the day. Today? Today was something different. I didn't like it. This thing- had particularly changed my mood. Why would Jesus do that?

But as they say- always expect the unexpected.

I am not the one to succumb to changes. I hate changes. But there was something about this day that I couldn't put a finger on. Something so unnatural, so uncanny, that I hated it.

I grumbled as I looked outside the window but resumed knitting.

My room was the only place where I could feel whatever I wanted without someone asking you to put on a fake smile because they were too scared that his reputation would crumble down because his so-called daughter is sad.

I again looked out of the window, hoping that I would at least see one black cloud. But the sky was clear. No signs of grey clouds.

The sun was there. It was there in its glory. Bathing in the amazing blue sky. For the first time, my room felt colourful. The paintings in my room were showing its colour in pride. Why did I even bother putting some colour in them? Oh right, because I felt better that day.

There was no colour in my life. Dampness and dullness defined my life.

 Yes, it was fun when Carly and Anna would spend time with me, but no, it was not fine when others would ridicule me.

The Prince of England was not making it easier. I took his picture from my drawer and looked at it. I stared at his picture for the hundredth time. Those chocolate brown eyes were captivating. They were empty and that emptiness was relatable. His blonde hair was messed up as he smiled towards the camera. That smile was fake. The smile had been planted as a part of a terrible hoax.  And I knew it was because I had spent half of my life faking it.

But I wouldn't understand why a prince- a gorgeous prince with a face like his, would feel that way. People would love him no matter what. He would just have to show off his sparkling white teeth and that charming smile which would make people of all sexes kneel before him.

 "Hail Prince Christopher! Hail the Prince of England!" were the only voices I could hear today. Why not? After all, the Prince of England was coming to our humble kingdom.

Being the princess of a province is not a big thing, and hence, when a prince of such a big country is coming in here, our everyday good but not-so-great palace was decorated in a formidable way.

My dear father has decided that we should welcome him in a traditional way. No fireworks, just flowers. The whole palace looked like a florist's shop. There are four flower vases inside my room!