Chapter 14- What I want

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

From what I have read, when you kiss a person you love, fireworks burst; your lips start to tingle etc.

Now, I have concluded that those are wrong. Those feelings are just a fraction of what happens.

This is the reason people kiss all the time! Your brain explodes. The happiness is not comprehensible. You can't describe it. I was overwhelmed by that kiss.

I breathed in his soul and his love.

That kiss was fiery but cool, passionate but soft.

His lips were soft and inviting. Knowing me, this might be the last time to prove our melancholic love.

It was a touch of a cool breeze, warm and gentle embrace within that breeze. Our lips were like sweet rose petals, molding within each other.

We pulled back at the same time, gasping for air.

His chocolate brown eyes reflected all the emotions he could feel- love, adoration, warmth, intimacy and attachment.

His eyes had now acquired a darker shade. They were the colour of hot cocoa, sprinkled with tiny flecks of gold like mini marshmallows.

His lips were now plump red and swollen, in contrast with his blonde hair which was currently messed up because of me.

I blushed when the whole scene was replayed in my mind. His honey flavored lips against mine.

I blushed darker than the original colour and ran back to my room. I swear, I saw a tiny smile playing on his lips.

***

Guilt was eating me out. I was regretting what I had done.

I should not have had kissed him.

But his lips looked so inviting at that moment, that I couldn't control my estrogen.

'Why regret something you once wanted?' My witty subconscious whispered. 'You wanted him to kiss you. And he loves you Diana! He reciprocates your feelings. Stop regretting this.'

The answer was quite simple- Anna.

I had promised her that I would not choose anyone over her. I had kissed him. I took his first kiss. When he had said this, I almost couldn't believe him. He had told me during our early morning talks and had blushed deep red when he confessed that.

How can someone not kiss such a handsome person?

I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said, while hastily wiping my tears.

"Hey, why aren't you there for lunch?" An all too familiar voice said.

"I didn't want to come." I snapped.

"Are you not well? Do you want me to call the doctor? Do you have the stomach bug? Are you burning up? I'll-"

"Jesus Chris! I'm fine! I just need some time alone, and I'm not hungry." I snapped.

The words came harsher than I meant them to be.

"Are you upset about this morning?" He asked.

"No, I'm not." I said quietly.

"Good. Because even if you regret it, I do not and will do the same thing again and again till you confess how you felt for me. I love you, okay?"

"Not okay. And I don't regret it either. Why don't you spend some time with Anna instead of talking to me? I'm sure she'll love it." I said.