Chapter 12- The inevitable

Chapter 12- The Inevitable.

“If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

Ignoring him was harder than I thought.

I was currently doing my last minute packing when he came strolling in my room.

“Doing your last minute packing eh?” He asked.

“Why are you asking me if you know what I’m doing Chris?” I asked.

I know that was uncalled for. This sweet person was trying to start a conversation with me and I was letting my stubborn self-conscious deal with it.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He asked. “Why are you behaving like this? Is it something I did? Please tell me! It hurts to see you not talking to me!” He said.

I wish I could tell him the truth! I wish I could tell him what is wrong with me and why I am ignoring him.

I didn’t have the guts to tell him. He would laugh at me. He would tell me how naïve I was and how stupid it was for me to like him.

He snapped his fingers to get me out of my daze.

I couldn’t help but admire how long and beautiful his fingers were.

“Snap the hell out of it! What the hell is wrong with you?” He all but yelled, making me cringe and take a step away from him.

“Nothing Christopher, nothing is wrong with me.” I said and went out of the room while wiping the lone traitor tear that slipped out of my eye.

***

I sat down on my assigned seat on the private jet.

“Hey!” Jared said while sitting beside me.

I looked at him in surprise and gave him a tight smile.

“Hello.” I said.

“What’s up princess? How is everything going on?” He asked.

My smile faltered a bit. I looked out of the window and sighed. “Everything is fine.” I said.

“You know princess, a human lies about 3650 times a year and the most common lie is ‘I’m Fine’” He said.

I laughed. This is what I needed. A friend who can make me laugh at any time.

“Seriously Di. You can tell me. I can help you.” He said.

“I know you can help me. It’s just that you won’t understand.” I told him and looked down.

He put his finger under my chin and tilted my head so that I could look into his eyes.

“Hey! Try me. I know I can help you.” He said.

“I will tell you all in good time Jared, all in good time.”  I told him with a smile.

He gave me a toothy boyish grin and looked ahead.

I turned my head to see Chris glaring at me and Jared.

I ignored him and looked ahead.

Soon, the plane took off and I closed my eyes listening to the soft music in my ears.

“Wake up Diana! We’re about to land.” I heard someone say.

I could feel that person stoking my hair and shaking me.

I pried my eyes open and found myself looking at Christopher.