Chapter 3- The Pranks

This gorgeous woman on the side is Diana. 

Thanks for reading.

Chapter 3- The Pranks

~"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."― Elie Wiesel~

It has been three days since the ball dance and three days since I had said yes to Christopher for the dance.

My mother had been so happy to see that I had finally mustered up some courage to say yes to people who ask me for a dance.\

Everything was not fine. Whatever I was feeling- though I had no clue what it was; because my experience had always been curbed by the four walls of the palace, was not right.

In all the romance books I'd read, whenever the protagonist felt this way- meant that she was falling for the male lead. But I couldn't.

No. This would be wrong on so many levels. I did not want to go through the heartbreak this could possibly lead to. I was not ready to.

Call me a coward, but I had suffered through so much throughout my life. My own father has and is still ignoring me. I would not be able to bear through his ignorance too.

Jesus, I was thinking too much into this. Maybe nothing like that would happen, I thought and continued watering my blossoming lilies.

Soft melodies of Benedict Taylor played from my iPod.

Warm moist breath lingered around my neck. I gasped and dropped my watering can and came face-to-face with Christopher.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply to calm my beating heart high on steroids.

"You almost scared me!" I whisper-exclaimed and looked at he who was smirking.

"That is what I was planning to do." He chuckled in a baritone which had a potential of rendering anyone speechless.

"Oh." I dumbly said. My eyes widened at our close proximity. Sparks of electricity shot through my lower abdomen and goose bumps arose on my hands.

Christopher chuckled at my visible reaction and he took a step forward.

I took a step backward until I hit the fence,

Small beads of perspiration formed on my back as he continued looking at me with that soft look.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have the prettiest eyes, Diana?" He asked whispering like an angel who's words settled like a settling mist.

"You have a couple of times." I honestly replied back, with a shy look on my face as I looked anywhere but him.

"Look at me." He softly said and my eyes settled on his.

His brown eyes had almost black.

I swear to everything that is holy- anyone could get lost in those eyes. Anybody could.

Then why is does he always have that sad, forlorn look to them?

I suddenly felt an urge to wrap my arms around his torso, but the sane part of me refrained from doing so.

"Ahem." A voice cleared his throat from the gate of my garden. I hastily backed away from him and he took a step back.

The tips of his ears turned red as heat crept on my neck.

"Tom!" I yelled.

"What?" He innocently asked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a frantic voice.