Chapter 21- Where it all started

In those two days of recovery, I was asked to do nothing.

I was not allowed to eat on my own; I was not allowed to drink on my own.

God only knows how I convinced them to make me go to the washroom.

My ribs were still hurting and my face looked like a swollen rotten potato.

“What I think is,” Nate said, “This can’t be the real Eugene.”

“Why do you think that?” I asked him sipping on my herbal tea.

“Because, the real Eugene won’t be that dumb to come and fight with you Chris.” He said.

I frowned.

“I don’t care Nate. For all we know, his IQ could have been lower than the room temperature and he could have been so blinded by rage, that he came to kill you.” I snapped.

“I know, I know. I hope he was the real Eugene too. But I just can’t help thinking about this.” He said.

Before I even had a chance to reply, Jared came and plopped down beside me.

“Hey.” He said.

I smiled and mumbled back the same reply.

“Give this to Diana.” He said, handing me a bracelet.

The bracelet was the same one I had given Diana.

The one with the heart charms made out of platinum.

The one because of which I had fought with Anna.

“Why do you have it?” I asked him, getting up.

“Look, my dearest sister had snatched it from her hand because apparently, you had given this to Diana and she was jealous.” He said and took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry on her behalf Chris.” He sympathetically said.

“You like her?” I asked him. I was itching to ask him this question and it was pissing me off.

“No!” He exclaimed and then sighed.

“I used to like her.” He said. “But, then I realized how much she loves you. And I forced myself to move on.” He said.

“Why were you so rude to her?” I asked.

He blushed bright red. “I thought girls liked jerks. I mean, that is what I have read and observed too. I was kind to her at first, but then, she barely looked in my way. So, yeah.”

I raised an eyebrow, quiet unimpressed. “Anyways, she is like my sister now.”

I huffed and said, “Good.”

“So, if you break her heart, I will break you.” He threatened.

I laughed.

“No one called us, Anthony!” Arthur exclaimed as he came into our room.

“I agree. Chris, why didn’t you invite us to this small party?” Father asked.

“And you didn’t even call your uncle Chris! I thought you were better than that.” Seb said.

“This party is not for elders Father.” I retorted.

“Who said we are elders? Bring the booze.” He said.

I mock gasped at his slip up.

“Do I need to inform this to her highness, your highness?” Nate asked.