Chapter 5- The Heart to Heart Talk

Hello Earthlingsss:D

Oh, and that cute kitten on the side is Goofle:))

Isn't she the cutest? ^_^

Chapter 5- The Heart to Heart Talk

~“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” ― Mark Twain~ 

It was one of those days where you just wanted to cuddle up and read while listening to soft music, drinking cold coffee and petting Goofle.

Sadly, fate had other plans for me.

I was not allowed to laze around the house because Christopher’s friend was coming to Wales.

And so was my other best friend; Carly.

“Sometimes I wish I was a kitten Goofie, just like you. We both could play and have fun.” I muttered sadly.

Not being able to hear anyone's rude comments would definitely be an ideal life. I don’t know why I talked to Goofle.

It just gave me some sort of happiness I guess?

I heard a knock on my door. “Come in.” I said. Christopher’s head popped in. It was the first time he came to my room.

And the first time he talked to me after that unfortunate incident. My heart started beating at irregualr beats and my hands itched to place a hand over them to calm them down. 

“Whoa! Your room is so neat and clean Di!” Chris exclaimed with wide eyes.

He looked around my room and straight away went to the books section of the room.

Well, I guess we have a common interest. Then something on the left caught his eyes. “You play musical instruments?” Chris asked with eyes the size of golf balls.

“Yes I do.” I said with a small smile. He was the first one to notice this after my mom. Had I not known him, I would have thought that he came here to visit my room.

“Sweetheart, you are so talented.” He said.

I gave him a small smile.

“Are these paintings painted by you?” He asked referring to the paintings hanged above my bed.

“Yes” I said. “Chris, now tell me the main reason you came here?” I asked him.

“Oh, so you are a mind reader too huh? And you can also fight! You are an all-rounder!” He said with a nervous laugh and scratched his head. 

“No need to dodge the question Chris. What is the real reason?” I asked him seriously.

He once again gave a nervous laugh and sat on the couch. “Um, I wanted to apologize for my behavior.” He said.

What behavior? I asked myself.

He was alright with me. It was Ann who wasn’t. She was not even eating anything and when I asked her what’s the matter, she snapped at me.

“Why exactly are you apologizing?” I asked him with confusion etched on my face.

“I did not really talk properly with you. Last week, when you guys were attacked, it was Anna’s fault and yet I blamed it upon you. I felt like a jerk. And, I didn’t even thank you. I am very sorry, please forgive me.” He rambled.

“Breathe Chris!” I told him.

I continued, “It’s okay. Who am I to forgive you? If you are wrong, God will give you the punishment but I know you aren’t.