Chapter 6- The Beginning of Something New

I just completed one month on Wattpad. Thank you all for reading my book!

Love you all<3

At the side, we have Di's beautiful platinum bracelet :3

Here is chapter 6-

Enjoy..

Chapter 6- The Beginning of Something New

~"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ― Lao Tzu~

***

Silence. This is what lingered through the room for a couple of minutes. This silence was deafening.

"What?" Chris asked as if he could not believe me.

Who could actually? You can't just keep of bombarding people like this.

My guards were high up. The brick wall which curbed my feelings were really tall.

No one managed to get past that.

Somehow, Chris was an exception.

He could see through me. He often said that I was an open book.

My natural instinct was to laugh it off and say, "Chill Chris, I was messing up with you."

Somehow, my inner goddess whispered, 'Let him. Lower your guards for him Di. You never know how he can chage your life for better. Perhaps one day, when you look back, you will regret the fact that you didn't tell him what you were supposed to. Tell him what he wants to know. You can't just let go of people who onviously care for you.'

Concluding the fact that your inner-conscious is ALWAYS right, I gathered all the courage I had.

"Yes." I replied. "They think I killed him. Now your reaction will be the same as my father right? Accusing me of being a murderer? But I was small at that time. I didn't do it intentionally! I swear I didn't!" I whimpered.

Inside the deep core of my heart, I knew he would not do this.

"Shh." Chris said and started whispering soothing words while hugging me and rubbing circles on my back.

His masculine scent was strong, yet wonderful.

Those stupid tingles were making a comeback.

Don't ask about the butterflies.

They were exercising inside my stomach.

Oh lord! What is happening to me?

"What exactly happened?" He asked again when I didn't reply.

"Look Di, I don't want to pry. But as soon as you will tell me the things which you wanted to, then you will have a complete new sense of self confidence and you will feel as if a burden is cleared from yourself." He sighed.

That part was undeniably true. You do feel better. I wiped my tears and then continued my silly sob story.

"Well, when my mom was pregnant with twins. It was me and my brother. But my brother was a still born child. The doctor said that it was because of me consuming most of the nutrition which my mother had passed on. Since that declaration, my dad abhorred me. And then my mother was not capable of being pregnant and thus, well, he doesn't want to handover the kingdom to me as i'd be a very careless princess if I do so. Since then, I am bad luck too." I said.

"Di, it isn't your fault, you are most definitely not a murderer and this doesn't even count as a murder!" Chris exclaimed.

"I know that! The thing is that, when people blame you for a certain thing over and over, you automatically think it is your fault. That is the reason why I act like a scaredy cat when I am around him. To be honest, I hate it when my father does that. I want him to love me too. He wanted a son because he thinks I cannot rule Wales after he retires. I want to prove it to him." I said with a sigh.