Chapter 2- The Ball Dance

Thanks for reading.

On the side there is Diana's ball gown(purple).

Chapter 2- The Ball Dance.

~“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."” ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves~

It was six in the morning when I crept out of my room. 

No one, not even my friend knew I snuck out of my room in the morning to exercise and come back up. 

I love getting up in the morning and jogging. What I loved the most is how the sun comes up, erasing all the clouds near him. 

It gives me hope. Hope, that one day, everything will be fine.

Not perfectly fine, but fine. Someone will listen to me and love me too. 

It gave me the hope that one fine day, father would love me just how I loved him. That he would trust me with his empire and not chide me at every step I took. If he were here, jogging with me, he would love to correct me even if what I did was correct.

But in the end, I couldn’t hate him. After all what he does and did, he is still my father.

He has still given me a roof beneath which I can sleep, food for nurturing me and all that I require. 

I sighed and shook my head to remove all these thoughts from my brain.

I tried to remember of the thing that made me happy.

I continued jogging whilst whistling to some unknown melody. 

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't notice the footsteps behind me.

Unknowingly, a picture of Christopher came into my mind as I continued jogging along the sidelines of the gardens, relishing the cool yet pleasant air, hitting my bare arms. 

The image, of him looking at me him pecking my cheek, came to my mind.

I suddenly stopped and something hard crashed against me causing me to fall forward.

Two hands protected me from falling on the ground, to greet mother Earth.

 "And here I thought that I was the only one who loved mornings!" He said while tightening his grip on my waist.

My cheeks heated in embarrassment and I looked away from his chocolate brown eyes.

He tilted my head up with his perfect finger and smiled, whilst my heart thudded in an imperfect melody.

A smile threatened to come on my lips as I replied, "I thought the same, Christopher, but life is full of surprises." 

"That's right." He said and helped my feet meet the ground.

"So, sweetheart, how are you this morning?" He asked. 

I ignored the erratic beating of my heart at the mention of 'sweetheart' and answered. 

"I'm very well. Thank you." I said. 

We continued jogging together in a comfortable silence with a smile on both are faces.

Suddenly my mood dampened as I recalled what my father had said just the day before. 

"You don't deserve anything Diana! Look at you! You can't even hold a sword properly. I don't know what we are going to do Susan! Just look at her! How can she be so irresponsible? She doesn't deserve any happiness in this whole world!"