Chapter 21: Locked Up

"Don’t you think you have some explaining to do?" Mika told Seohyun

Seohyun’s back was on her so Mika didn't see it but she was pretty sure Seohyun was crying. Her eyes were red and she could still see a bit of tears when Seohyun turned around to face her.

"Sorry... what were you saying?"

Mika decided not to ask anymore; why Jaejoong came, why they were having an argument, and why was she crying. Mika realized Seohyun was suffering enough and she didn’t want to be a bother by asking unnecessary questions.

"Here…" Mika stretched out her hand and on it was a phone that looked familiar to Seohyun.

Mika found Jaejoong’s phone on the table where he sat previously. He probably forgot to bring it with him when he left so Mika decided to give it to Seohyun thinking she probably know how to give it back.

“It’s Jaejoong’s.” Mika told Seohyun. "He left it on the table. I thought it would be best for you to give this back."

Seohyun took it while thinking how careless Jaejoong really is. How many times does she have to bring his phone back? Probably not this time because she decided not to see him anymore.

The phone started to ring. Seohyun hesitated but decided to answer it eventually.

"Hyung! You lied to me." It was Yoochun. "I called your doctor to make sure. He said he didn’t allow you to perform tonight."

"What?"

"Wait, who is this?” Yoochun asked when he realized he wasn’t talking with Jaejoong.

"What do you mean by that oppa? Why is Jaejoong oppa not allowed to perform?"

Yoochun was surprised to hear Seohyun’s voice on the other line. "Seohyun? Is that you? Is hyung with you?"

"He was but he left."

"Without his phone again I guess?"

“Yeah. But is there something wrong with Jaejoong oppa?”

“No worries. He’s injured but it’s nothing serious. I’m really sorry for all the trouble but can you keep Jaejoong’s phone for now? I’ll tell hyung you have his phone."

"Ok," Seohyun said but she was actually considering meeting Jaejoong to see for herself that he's really fine. He said he was ok but the fact that he wasn't allowed to perform could probably mean it was some serious injury and so she’s really worried.

“Seohyun-ah…”

“Yes?”

“Will you please come back?”

“Huh?”

“I think Jaejoongie hyung really needs you.” He paused. “That’s all I wanted to say. I'll hung up for now. Bye, Seohyun-ah. Call me if there's anything”

“Ok” She said then she hung up.

"Are you ok Seohyun-ah?" Mika asked after awhile.

Seohyun couldn’t say anything. She owes Mika an explanation but she didn’t know where to start. Plus she’s really worried about Jaejoong and she wouldn’t feel at ease until she sees him again.

She made a decision. "I have to see him.”

----

Jaejoong, as expected, was surprised to see Seohyun at their doorstep. Jaejoong hoped her visit was because she changed her mind. But all his hopes were shattered when Seohyun showed him the real reason… his phone.