Chapter 25: Truth & Lies

When Seohyun saw Park Min Young together with two scary looking guys she knew she was doomed. Seohyun didn’t know whether to continue her acting or not. She was afraid Jaejoong would see through her lie. Without her realizing it, she was already holding Jaejoong’s hand in a tight grip. But when she finally noticed she let go.

How they find out is not important right now. What’s important is how she can get out of this mess or at least leave Jaejoong out of it. No one else must know about their relationship… especially her father. She mustered every ounce of courage she had and faced Min Young-shi with a heavy heart.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Park Min Young-shi," she said. She knew it the instant Jaejoong realized the truth. He looked at her with a puzzled look on his face. He was probably wondering how she knew Park Min Young and why she wasn’t even surprised.

“Miss Seohyun, we are here to take you home.” That was Park Min Young’s first word to her.

Jaejoong whispered assurances to her, telling her she will be alright and that she can now safely go home.

"Don't worry, well be coming back to Seoul soon. Let’s meet then." Jaejoong said but Seohyun knew better. There is no way her father would let her meet him. And he should never find out they are in a relationship. Who knows what her father might do?

She didn’t want to give him false hopes and so no matter how much it hurts she decided to tell him her biggest lie yet. "No, oppa… Let’s not meet again."

“What?”

“I lied. I guess I got find out so I'll tell you the truth now.” She paused. Straight-faced and in a stern voice, she tried to make him believe a half truth half lie. “I don’t have amnesia. I never did. I lied about having no memories so you would take me in. It was all just a game you see. I lied about having feelings for you too. I’ve never loved you, oppa. I wanted to run away from my father and you’re the only option I had. It was an opportunity so I grabbed it. Mianhae.” God, she was one hell of an actress.

Lies… her heart is aching from all those lies she wanted him to believe. Somehow deep in her heart, she wished Jaejoong wouldn’t believe a word of it. But another part of her wanted him to believe it for his own sake.

“Let’s break up,” she said.

Jaejoong didn’t say anything. He couldn’t. He wasn’t even sure what’s really going on. Seohyun is telling him things that don’t make sense.

Meanwhile, all Seohyun can think about was that she didn’t want to go home. She needed this freedom more than anything else. She needed Jaejoong and she wanted to be with him. But before she could change her mind, explain to Jaejoong everything then apologize for all the lies she told him, her arm was already being pulled towards the car that would take her back to her prison called home.

----

“Get in”, one of the men ordered while pushing her inside the car at the same time. Seohyun lost her balance and fell face first on the backseat. When she regained some of her balance she pulled herself together then sat between the two men in silence. Her heart was beating like crazy from fear.

Jaejoong didn’t see any of that. He stayed at the restaurant for a while unable to believe what he just heard. She was definitely lying. It hurts a lot to think otherwise. But why would she lie? Nothing really makes sense.

-----

“Please don’t tell father.’’ Seohyun said referring to the scene a while ago and her relationship with Jaejoong. Her father must never know. “Please Park Min Young shi,” she begged.

Park Min Young knew that all she had witnessed a while ago were lies. She knew Seohyun loves Jaejoong because she can see it through her eyes. If there is something she’s really good at it was deciphering people. She’s a person who doesn’t care about anyone or anything. So why does she feels compassion for this girl who was crying in the backseat as if the world is crumbling down right before her eyes. She asked her, no begged her, to keep her secret. And so she decided to do that.

“Alright,” she said. Seohyun doesn’t trust her but she doesn’t have any choice. That’s all she has left now… blind trust that all is going to be well if not for her at least for Jaejoong, the person she loves the most.

 --------

A/N:  *Listening to "Sowon/Wish" by TVXQ* *sniff* *sniff* Any more than this and I'll probably start crying. T.T

Anyway, It will start to get tough from here on. Watch out for it ne~ ^_^

I feel so motivated right now that I was able to finish 2 chapters in a week. I guess I'll be updating the next chapter soon. Please vote and comment if you liked it ^_^