Chapter 20: Doing the Right Thing

At first Jaejoong thought he was dreaming. That couldn't be Seohyun. It's just too good to be true. He crossed the distance between them. It was that same eyes. The same hair... still he couldn't believe it.

He walked towards her then touched her face just to make sure he’s not imagining things and that she really is there in front of him. Thank God she's not running away. If she did, he would have run after her but with an injured leg, he doubts if he would've been able to keep up.

Seohyun didn’t know what to do. She knew she had to leave but she just couldn’t move.

"How have you been?" She asked a little awkwardly.

"Hell." That was an understatement, Jaejoong realized. After all he'd been through since the day she left; there is no word to describe how terrible his life had been. His mind was in turmoil every single day worrying about her and wondering where on earth she could be.

Seohyun didn’t expect that. She thought they were living a peaceful life the moment she decided to disappear from their lives. The fact that Jaejoong’s life had been nothing but peaceful didn’t occur to her at all. Questions came rushing to her mind. How he has been. Is he eating well? Are the others ok? But she was afraid to ask. She’s even afraid to speak a single word. She realized everything is too late now.

If she stayed any longer she might change her mind and start begging Jaejoong to take her back. In her current state Seohyun thinks she might do just that. "I think I should leave," she said.

However, leaving proved to be difficult. Jaejoong wouldn’t let her go so easily. "Oh, I think you better not.” He replied. “No, Seohyun. You’re not going anywhere. I made a mistake for letting you go the last time. I’m not making the same mistake twice."

Seohyun realized he was serious when he followed her to the restaurant where she works. Mika-chan was gaping at the door when Jaejoong walked in.

“Irashai~” she paused when she realized who came in “-mase” she finished.

“Table for two.” Jaejoong told Mika who stood frozen on the door. She was wondering if Jaejoong came with someone. Probably one of the other members of TVXQ. Or maybe his girlfriend. Mika was a little disappointed by the thought so when she didn’t find anybody she was quite relieved. But the fact that he asked for a table for two might mean he’s waiting for someone. She was still thinking about it when she led Jaejoong to an empty table and asked for his order.

“What’s your specialty?” he asked in Japanese.

“You should try our ramyeon. It’s really delicious.” She spoke in korean so Jaejoong realized she’s probably Korean and decided to speak in Korean as well.

"I think I’ll have that ramyeon, a kimchi, and samgyeopsal.” Jaejoong said while handling back the menu to Mika. “And by the way, can you please tell Seohyun I wanted to talk to her.”

“Sorry? What was it?” Mika asked again thinking she probably heard it wrong.

 “I believe there’s a Lee Seohyun working here. I would like to talk to her.” Jaejoong said hoping Seohyun didn’t bother to change her name.

Series of questions came rushing through Mika’s head but that can wait. She can just ask Seohyun later. “Just a moment sir, I’ll see what I can do.”

Jaejoong watched the girl walk away and approach Seohyun. He saw how Seohyun’s face showed annoyance which is not surprising at all.

“Seohyun-ah, Jaejoong-shi wanted to talk to you.”

“Can you tell him to just go away?”

“Tell him yourself.” Mika left afterwards leaving Seohyun the impression that Mika’s probably mad at her. Seohyun couldn’t blame her though. She was after all a liar.