Chapter 7: Amusement Park

Changmin knew Jaejoong would delete Seohyun’s number on his phone and since he’s the smart Shim Changmin he saved a duplicate copy. He checked his watch. It’s still a few hours before the performance. Jaejoong will definitely thank me for this, he thought.

---

Seohyun was at the airport and she was about to book a flight to Seoul when she received a message from Changmin. She was surprised when Changmin asked for her number last night. He didn’t get in contact with her though until now.

Come to universal studios.

We’ll be perfoming.

 Jaejoongie hyung would be really happy to see you

-Changmin

She wanted to tell him she doesn’t want to go but she would be lying. She’s sure as hell she wanted to see them perform live. Darn it she can’t go. You should go home Seohyun, she told herself. She kept repeating the same lines to herself but as she did she was already walking towards the exit.

----

She might as well die than let this chance pass. She knows it’s stupid but ever since she met Jaejoong she had been doing stupid things she never done before. She took a taxi to universal studios, bought a ticket then look for the place where TVXQ will be performing. She counted the money left in her wallet and she almost wept. She’s as poor as a pauper. All she had left are coins. She decided to ignore her problem at least until the performance ends. She doesn’t want her problem to ruin her mood. She was excited to see Jaejoong perform live and her heart leaped with joy, her problem momentarily forgotten.

Once she found a place to sit she sent a message to Changmin. “Oppa, I’m watching so you guys better be good. Goodluck!”

----

Jaejoong was so happy when he found out from Changmin that Seohyun is in the crowd and will be watching their performance but he didn’t dare let it show on his face. He will not give Changmin the satisfaction. Calling him Hyungnim once is enough. Just a while ago he was worried he might not catch her at the airport in time but now that she’s here all he’s worried about was how to impress Seohyun. He was happy but nervous at the same time. He can’t make mistakes now that Seohyun is watching.

---

Seohyun never expected their performance would leave her speechless. They took her breath away… literally. They sang 4 Japanese songs. Two are ballads and the other two are pop. She noticed one of the songs is an OST of a famous Japanese anime but she can’t recall the title. They were sweating hard all throughout the performance and it’s no wonder since they’ve been dancing  and jumping up and down not to mention the sun is blazing hot since its almost noon. When they sang the ballad the notes were so high and when other singers might have not pulled it off so well, TVXQ were able to sing it flawlessly. It wasn’t perfect but nevertheless it was the best live performance she had ever seen.

After the performance she wandered around the Universal Studios. Since buying a ticket for Universal Studios cost her a plane ticket to Seoul, she might as well make the most out of her money. It was her first time in an amusement park. She once asked her father for permission to go to Lotte World with her friends but he refused. He probably doesn’t want to see a headline in the newspaper saying, “SME CEO Lee Soo Man’s daughter plunged to her death after a roller coaster ride” or “SME CEO Lee Soo Man’s daughter got trapped in the Ferris wheel  for hours almost died from fright.“ No, he’s not scared with the thought of his daughter dying. He’s scared of seeing his name being the topic of a very bad news. Seohyun finds it hard to decide which ride she should go first. Thinking that she was about to do something that her father definitely wouldn’t approve, she smiled. She’s acting like daddy’s-bad-little-girl and she likes it.