Chapter 35 True Happiness

A day earlier…

After Seohyun left their hotel room, Jaejoong didn’t know what to do. He called Yoochun hoping he could tell him where Seohyun is but he didn’t know either. He doesn’t know anyone else to ask. He only found out about her whereabouts when a fan posted her picture on the internet. Apparently some people saw her at the airport before she leave for Seoul and they recognized her as “Jaejoong oppa’s mistery girl”.

Jaejoong went to the airport in a hurry but he wasn’t able to catch her in time. He took the earliest flight to Seoul and apologized to Yoochun and Junsu for missing their last performance. They accepted his apology but they demanded that he must get Seohyun back in any way possible and Jaejoong is determined to do exactly that even without anyone telling him.

Before the flight, Jaejoong called Changmin and asked him for a favor. “Changmin, Seohyun is on her way to Seoul. Can you meet her at the airport?”

“Do you know what time she will be arriving?”

“I have no idea. But she should be there by tomorrow morning.”

“Ok hyung,” Changmin agreed although he knew that means he have to wait at the airport for hours. He made a mental note to make sure Jaejoong repays him for all his efforts. Maybe he should make Jaejoong call him hyungnim again? That sound good, he decided. “But hyung, what if she insisted on meeting her father? I’m sure that’s the reason why she’s coming back.”

Jaejoong thought for a while. It would be good if Seohyun decided to tell his father, go die for all I care. But Seohyun isn’t that kind of girl. Changmin is right. She’s probably on his way to meet his father and probably do whatever he tells her to do. Worse, she might just decide to marry that Jung Yong Hwa guy. God, he can handle anything, her furry, her hatred… everything other than the fact that she’s going to marry someone else. “Changmin, I don’t care how you’re going to do it but please convince Seohyun to forget any deals she might have with her father. Tell her not to make any more deals in that matter. God, she’s really going to be the death of me.”

Changmin chuckled. “Do you want me to tell her that last part?”

“No, don’t mention anything about me. I’ll apologize to her once I see her. But until then, I’ll leave everything to you.”

“Alright.”

--------------------------------------------

Jaejoong woke up after hearing a faint sobbing sound beside him. When he finally opened his eyes he saw Seohyun lying beside him and crying. He was instantly filled with worry

"Wae? What's wrong?"

She didn’t say a word and instead buried her face in his chest out of embarrassment.

Jaejoong still couldn't comprehend what was going on. At least she didn’t run away which is a good thing. He tried to pry her face away from his chest and then forced her to look at him. "What's wrong? Tell me."

"I'm scared that I would suddenly wake up and find all of these as nothing but a dream." Her words broke his heart. She must have been hurt really badly if she thinks anything like this would seem like a dream instead of reality.

He gave her a really tight jug. He wrapped his arms around her and made soft comforting gestures while caressing her back hoping it would calm her down but it didn’t. “Please Seohyun, stop. You’re breaking my heart.”

Seohyun tried to contain her tears. He covered her mouth with her hands to stifle her cries but she just couldn’t stop crying. Jaejoong is right beside her, comforting her and yet she still couldn’t believe it. She was scared this would end soon. She had already endured so much heartaches and she didn’t think she could handle another one.