Chapter 2: My Three Targets

Before I could even put my head on my pillow for my afternoon nap, my phone rings. I was thinking it's mother calling to check on my evil eight-year old twin siblings, Jayda and Jayden. As a single mother she worries a lot. But it wasn't her, it was Nicole.

"I knew it was you" I said before she could even had a chance to say hello.

"Me what?" she questioned my accusation innocently.                                                                                                 

"You called me so I would be distracted from David" 

"Yea well...I don't like PDA" she said after a while confirming my suspicions.

"That's a lie!" I yelled into her very sensitive ears. I felt bad but not any less upset. "You and your boyfriend act as if you want to rip each other clothes off in the hallways."

"So I'm guessing you don't want to come over?" she asked. I just hanged up in response. Angry, I went to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nicole and I walked to school the next morning but we didn't say a word to each other. I knew she wanted to make conversation but she chose not to. Honestly I liked the silence. It was comfortable and I had time to think.

Did I  really want to spend my next three years of high school with only just Wendy and Nicole? I loved them to death but I wanted to expand my group of friends.Also I wanted David to be mine and I needed help, more than what my two friends had to offer.

At lunch, instead of searching my friends like I usually would, I looked around the cafeteria for people that would help me make sophomore year unforgettable. And I spotted them, my three targets.

Target #1 - Amy White. Ranked #7 academically and #1 in looks. Her  father own a corporate airlines, White Flights, making her the richest and most popular sophomore girl in school. We shared the same classes second, third and sixth period.

Target #2 - Grace Johnson. Ranked #2 both academically and in looks. Both her parents were judges of the court leading her down that path. Because of her close friendship with Amy, she was the second most popular sophomore girl. We shared the same classes fifth and sixth period.

Target #3 - Anthony West. Ranked #22 academically and #1 in looks, for boys. His father worked behind the scenes as an upcoming film director while his mother was the co-anchor of Channel 18 News. If I wasn't crushing on David, I would go after Anthony. We had the same classes first and fifth.

My first two targets would make me popular and my third target would give me advice on how to make David my boyfriend. Just because he almost kissed me didn't mean he considered me as girlfriend material. They would help me accomplish all my goals. But the question was, how would I become friends with my three targets?