Chapter 25: I Passed Out

"Sophie?"

I looked up at the familiar voice calling my name.

"Yea Anthony?"

"Why are you eating by yourself?"

"My boyfriend has A lunch and I have no friends."

"What are you talking about? Come sit with me." He paused before correcting himself. "Come sit with us."

"I probably shouldn't. I told them you know?"

"Yea. I had an idea. So what happened after you told them?" He took a seat across from me, looking at me like a child waiting for story time.

"They told me they already knew." I glanced at him and then back to my lunch again. "They told me they weren't mad but I saw right through it. They asked me to stay with them, at the salon, but I saw they didn't really want me there. Grace? She looked at me the same way I knew I looked at her."

"Which was?"

I glanced up at him again then remembered he may or may not know what happened with Grace's parents. I placed my fork in my tray then folded my arms on the table.

"With pity." I clarified for him.

He sighed before continuing "What about your other friends?"

"What about them?"

"Will you ever forgive them?"

"They never did anything wrong Anthony. I did."

"Then apologize."

"I wish it was that simple."

"I'm sure it's not that hard." He said.

"And I'm also sure Amy and Grace are not mad at you."

"If they are not mad at me, why are they just sitting there happily eating their lunch and not dragging me over there?"

He stood up before standing up beside me and putting his hand on my shoulder and walking off.

I picked up my fork before mumbling to myself. "Yea that's what I thought."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran to the front of the school searching frantically for her. I was at the school when I saw about twenty feet away her mother's car driving away.

I quickly readjusted my back pack and ran to the back of the school to the short cut.
Our short cut.

I was running like my life depended on it. I knew I could of just simply walk but no. I was always one for dramatic entrances.

I ran passed the bus probably creating a new track record.
People would start staying "faster than Sophie Preston" instead of Usain Bolt.

My feet patted on the ground while my heart pounded in my chest. I could pass out any second now but I was too close to stop. Her mother's car sat in the driveway signaling she was home already. I ran up her porch steps before pounding on her door before it quickly opened.

"Wendy?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

I looked next door to see my house there before thinking to myself "Nope this is Nicole 's house."

She stuttered before she finally formed words. "Um...Nicole and I were going to study. We were just about to call you." She fidgeted.

"You don't have to lie." I said before taking a deep breath.

"Sophie?"

I put my hands on my knees and took another deep breath.

"Is that your dad?" I heard Wendy ask.

I turned around to see my mom wheeling my dad's wheelchair up the front lawn.

"I must be losing my mind." I thought.

"Dad?" I questioned to make sure he was really there.

"Sophie?" He called back clearly surprised to see me. I took another deep breath.

"Sophie? Are you ok? Sophie? I'm home!" Was the last thing I heard before I passed out.