Chapter 18: What I Thought

Victor was the new highlight of my day. As much as I was jealous of Amy before, I was over it. Even in bed I was twisting and turning thinking about him and how it would be like if we were a couple.

I wasn't the only girl to be "woo-ed" by him. Girls' heads turned every time he walked past but whenever I was around, I was his only focus. I loved that.

Wendy and Nicole was still distant but they were now joined by Anthony. We barely talked now and it bothered me.

I knocked on his door at around four hoping his father wasn't at home or at least sober. The door flew open and I was greeted by Channel 12 News anchor, Sonia Gallagher-West.

My mouth opened and closed trying to form words. She smiled down at me as if I was a five year old child.

"Hi. How may I help?"

"Uh. Uh. I'm here to see Anthony"

"And you are...?"

"I'm Sophie"

"Ohhh you're Sophie. Come on in"

I flashed a smile at her hoping the reason she knows me is a good one.

I started to walk to Anthony's room before remembering I was here twice when I wasn't supposed to.

"Um Mrs. West? Where's his room?"

"Oh I thought you were here before".

My face grew hot and realized that Anthony must have confided in her about the times I been here.

"I forgot" I said politely.

"Well down the hall next to the bathroom."

"Thank you".

I walked to his room and knocked on the door. He opened it with a smile then his face slowly fell when he saw me.

"Yes?" He asked

" I was wondering if we could talk"

"About?"

"Us. I never see you. Where have you been?" I half laughed because no matter what I was saying his face stayed straight.

"Why do you need to see me? You got what you wanted. Just a target right? Want to get a shotgun and shoot at me?".

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb. I'm just a popular target. You used me. Us. All of us. Just admit it".

I felt my heart plummeted to stomach and I lost my voice right away.

"Anthony..." I croaked

"First you use me and now I'm losing my girl to this Victor kid..."

"Your girl? You have a girlfriend?"

His face grew red and looked sheepish before going straight face again.

"Just admit it."

I mumbled under my breath hoping he wouldn't hear me.

"What?" He yelled at me.

"I used you. I'm sorry." I looked down, full of shame.

He looked stone cold before replying and closing his room door in my face. "That's what I thought" .