Chapter 10: Truth or Dare

This chapter is dedicated to Noemi for her idea of the character's life outside of school. Grace outift to the party to the side >>>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the rest of Friday, I didn't ask about David. Not even to Grace, afraid of how she would react. By lunch both Amy and Anthony returned to normal and I honestly wasn't happy about that.  I wanted to know more. What did they about David? Why did they get so angry? But I didn't push my luck with them,  I just went with the flow.

Now it was the weekend and I had so many plans for this bad boy; sleep in late,  eat junk food watch Arrow on Netflix and so much more.  I was in the middle of my weekend plan of sleeping in when my phone rang. So much for that.

"What?" I answered before even looking at the caller ID.

"Good afternoon Sophia" I heard Grace say. 

When she didn't hear my reply she continued "Both Amy and I was wondering if you're coming to the party today?"

"The park?"

"No the party. Unless you want to go to the park too. It's not too late to-"

"I don't know about any party today"

"The one at Anthony's. Amy wants us to meet up at her place to get ready"

"What's the occasion?" If there was not a good reason I would not be attending this party.

"His parents are out of town"

"Oh in that case, no thank you"

"Come on! Amy is going to pick you up"

"How does she know where I live?" My eyebrows scrunched up at the thought of Amy stalking me.

"I don't know. Be ready in about a hour. See you later. Bye" She hung up before I could protest more. 

Unfortunately for me that meant getting out of bed but I had to get my mom's permission before going anywhere and I was hoping she would say no. My mother and I were very close but I knew she would say no to me going to a high school party where there were possibly drugs and alcohol.I knocked on her door and waited for an answer. I heard her say "come in" from the other side.

"Hey mom. Can I go to a party?"

"Wendy is having a party?"

"No"

"Nicole?"

"No my dear mother. Its with my new friends"  I tried to say in a British accent (key word here is tried). She knew I called her mother when I was starting to become impatient. She laughed at my attempt before asking "You mean the ones that had that huge party?"

"The same ones"

"Yea, sure. Have fun".

What?

"You know there's going to be alcohol...right?"

"Yea" she said sounding more confused than I looked.

"And you trusting me to go?"

"Sophie, I trust you enough to know you will not engage in drinking"

"Why?"

"You never gave me a reason not to" she said with a shrug. I narrowed my eyes at her before leaving her room.

Now that my mom said yes, I knew that I had no choice. I could lie to Amy and Grace but I had a feeling they wouldn't take no for an answer and probably drag me out of my room. Looks like I'm going to a party after all.