Chapter 6: Totally Amazing Party

The second phase of my plan was to get closer with my targets. Over the next few weeks I spent all my periods with the targets (except 4th with Wendy and 7th with Nicole) and my lunches between my best friends, my targets, and my crush. Everything was going smoothly until Amy's birth week.

A birth week is the week surrounding one's birthday when they get any wish they desire. And when I say any wish, I mean ANY. The worst part of Amy's birth week was her actual birthday, which was also Nicole's birthday.

All week long, Amy came to school in the most over-priced outfits I have ever seen and everyday she demanded that I spent all my lunch with her at her table.Luckily for me even though their birthdays was on Thursday, a school night, it would be be celebrated on different days. Nicole's party would be Friday night and Amy's would be Saturday night.

"Come on" I begged  "Invite Amy to your party. She invited all three of us"

It was the day before Nicole's and Amy's birthday and  again Wendy, Nicole and I were doing geometry homework for third period but this time we were in my room.

"And why should I invite her?" Nicole asked with a straight face.

"Because she's my friend and everyone likes a good party"

"She's not your friend, she's your popular target" she said air quoting the words popular target. "And who said my party will be any good? Compared to hers it's going to be crap."

"It's not a competition Nicole"

"Well, it sure do feel like one. Every year it does."

I never seen Nicole so negative about something but I knew exactly what she was talking about. Ever since middle school when Nicole lived next door to Amy, it was like a contest between Amy and Nicole even though no one acknowledged it.

Like the time Nicole had a pin on her shirt that simply said "Birthday Girl" Amy came to school with a pin that sang "Happy Birthday" and she carried around a dozen balloons, contribution of her father.

Or the time Nicole got the most diamond beautiful necklace I have ever seen, that was until Amy came with an even more beautiful diamond necklace with diamonds earrings and  bracelet to match. This continued for two more years and hopefully won't continue because both Amy and Nicole moved.

"Well no more competition, instead of a party, you, you and me" I said pointing to Nicole and Wendy then myself  "Are going to the arcade like we used to and its going to be awesome"

Although Nicole's mom was upset Nicole wouldn't be having a party, we had a lot of fun. We played video games, bumper cars, monster golf and other arcade games all night long. Just the three of us was all we needed. But tomorrow was Amy's party and the theme: Red Carpet.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~  ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Since I didn't have any thing "red-carpet worthy", I spent all Saturday morning shopping after I spent all night begging my mother for money.

Unlike most girls, I adored shopping. I loved looking at different styles & making cute outfits in my head. My absolute favorite part of shopping was trying on clothes, taking pictures in them and returning them to the rack.

After finding the perfect strapless red dress with a zipper in the front that hugged my waist, flowed out at the bottom and stopped at my knees, I went home to see if it looked good with my favorite black heels. It did.

I took a shower and started getting ready. I paired my red dress with my dangling silver earrings and my silver  heart necklace. I put my hair up in a half up, half down hair do so that my earrings could show. I went light on the makeup using light pink for both my eye shadow and lip gloss. I took a last look in the mirror and I was definitely ready for the red carpet.

Nicole and Wendy were at my house no more than two minutes after I was ready. Nicole had on a navy blue long flowing dress with silver heels. Wendy wore a baby blue high-low dress with black wedges and a small pearl necklace. Both had up-do hairstyle with stud earrings. We were all ready.

Arriving at Amy's house, driven by my mother, all three of us murmured a "Whoa" as we looked at the house . I could tell this would be a totally amazing party.