Chapter 8: New Over Old

After hanging out in Amy's room for about 25 minutes, avoiding the party, we finally returned downstairs. What we saw, as we reached the last step, I will never forget. 

The whole house was filled with people that wasn't here before I wouldn't be surprised if no one else could fit in the room, it was beyond crowded.

"Find Sarah!" Amy yelled in all our ears.

We all went in different directions trying to find Amy's sister.Even though I was supposed to be looking for Sarah, all I could think about was "Where did all these people come from?"

After 2 minutes of searching , I finally spotted the top of  Sarah's chestnut head standing in the corner. I walked through the crowd of people. As soon as she saw me she smiled, yet her eyes screamed with fear.

"Have you seen my sister?" she yelled over the music and talking people.

"Yea she's been looking for you"

I grabbed her hand before trying to walk through the crowd of people again. We walked towards the staircase and saw both Grace and Amy on the fifth step looking out in the crowd. Looking for Sarah I'm assuming.

"There's Sophia with Sarah" I saw Grace lips say as she turned to Amy.

"Thank you" Amy said to me before turning to her sister. "What did you do?"

"Well Daddy left saying he got to deal with something and I thought this party could use..something else. So I called my friend,  who called their friends, who called their friends and they all showed up. As soon as your phony bodyguard at the door saw them he disappeared" she said with a small chuckle.

My jaw dropped open.  Was Sarah really the reason behind this huge crowd of people?

"Get rid of them" Amy hissed through her teeth

"I can't, I tried. Too much people."

Even though she said that with a sad face, I wasn't sure if she was really sorry or just thought of this as a big joke.

"Would your dad be mad if he knew this many people were here?" I asked as Anthony was walking up behind us.

"No?" she replied as more as a question.

"Then enjoy your party" I said with a shrug before dragging both Grace and Anthony to the least crowded spot on the dance floor. I closed my eyes started to dance to "Party in the USA" . When I opened my eyes both Grace and Anthony started dancing too. After the song was finished, Amy joined us.

"Finally" 

"I was never really a fan of Miley Cyrus" she said with a smile.

We all laughed and for the rest of the party, we sang and danced the night away.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Hey Sophia" another complete stranger said to me.

It was Monday during lunch and all day random students have been coming up to me like we known each other for years.

I exited the lunch line and was going to say "Hi" to Wendy and Nicole before sitting with the targets. I walked past the table and smiled but they didn't return it.

Did they see me? They had to have seen me. They were looking this way. We haven't talked all weekend but I don't think they were mad at me. I didn't do anything wrong...right?

Instead of thinking too much on it, I walked over to Amy's table to eat but for some reason it felt weird. This was the first day I haven't interacted with my best friends at lunch. I couldn't think of it as a bad thing because I knew with my friends,  I would never pick new over old.