5

Bri got up at midnight after calling Clint. She had no clue how to fly a quinjet, but Clint was apparently an excellent pilot. Plus, after almost being shot to death together, the experience brought them closer. 

She packed a hefty bag filled with guns, knives, and a grenade if she really needed it. Bri lifted the garage, and threw the keys to Clint. 

"So where am I going?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"As long as I get to Bucharest in the next few hours, you can take this bad boy home and show the kids." She patted the door before pulling him in. "Tony won't mind and if we get in trouble we can blame Steve."

Clint shrugged. "Good with me." He pulled out a thermos filled with coffee and offered it to Bri. "Fill me up and I'll be ready to fly."

Bri was scared shitless on the flight. The last time she had encountered the Winter Soldier, she'd been stabbed in the leg and almost bled out. She could not stop fidgeting and her hands were recklessly shaking.

She had his usual schedule laid out. He would be at the farmer's market before six, he would be at the coffee shop by eight, and he would spend the rest of the day at a nearby park, if it wasn't raining. Bri would be in Romania before five a.m. according to Clint. That would give her time to settle in the hotel and hopefully get a few minutes of sleep.

"Why are you doing this, kid?" Clint asked, looking at her like a concerned mother. "Tony told us the last time you did this it was almost a suicide mission."

Bri was silent for a few seconds before answering. "Steve asked me to. Plus, last time was different, it was my only choice to face him."

"Steve?!" Clint scoffed. "Why in the hell would you even consider it after his behavior towards you?"

"Psychological statistics show that the 'stick in the ass' can simply be removed by surrounding yourself with familiarity." Bri stated. "So hopefully if I do this for him, he will cut me some damn slack."

"Were you a psychology major?"

"I double majored in nursing and psychology. I minored in business and engineering so I can help Pepper out when Tony is an old, wrinkly sack." Bri laughed. "Don't tell him I called him that."

"You did all that in four years?" Clint raised an eyebrow.

"Three." Bri shrugged. "I graduated high school at sixteen and immediately went to Stanford. I basically went to school year round, all graciously paid for by grants and Stark Industries. Tony got kind of mad because MIT wouldn't give him a discount on my tuition due to the fact that I'm not actually related to him."

Clint nodded, not wanting to ask her about her parents or how Tony even knew her. He continued to pilot as the destination was coming up. "Good thing you don't have to parachute out." He laughed, gesturing to the open roof top of the hotel.

When they landed, Bri shortly thanked him and said, "When I get back we're going to an audiologist. I can tell you're reading lips." She patted his back and jumped off the loading ramp. "Bye, Clint! Pick me up in like... four days!"

"Cooper is going to have a cow over this." Clint grinned to himself and took off towards his own home. 

Bri settled herself in her room, coincidentally parallel to her target's apartment building. She freshened up a little, her shower taking almost an hour. She started bundling up in civilian clothing, tucking a knife in the waist of her pants for precaution, and took off towards the market. Walking around for a bit, watching the vendor's set their stands up, she spotted a large man in a ball cap. His figure was very recognizable. He was tall, very muscular, and wore a leather glove. She tried her best to forget what happened years ago, but she froze for a moment.