14

*I'm sorry if my updates become a little sporadic and unpredictable. I try to write over the span of a couple days unless I have am busy, or have work! I came back from vacation and had a total block , so sorry for this shit show about to happen. Thank you for reading!!*

Bri grabbed some clothes, a pillow, and her toothbrush, then made her way down to Natasha's room. 

Nat always kept an air mattress just in case something like this ever happened, but Bri usually ended up sharing the bed with her. It was easier and more comfortable than sinking into a deflated mattress. 

"Hello, roomie." Natasha grinned at Bri as she walked through the door.

Bri smiled back and threw her pillow on the bed. She quickly changed while Natasha was brushing her teeth, then they switched positions.

 "I'm sorry to inconvenience you for a little while." Bri shrugged and laid her toiletries on the counter.

"Last time I heard, I think I was the one that rented out your room." Nat sassed and jumped into bed.

"It's completely fine! Bucky needs sleep more than I do." 

Nat was quiet for a minute, waiting for Bri to slide underneath the covers. She let her settle in before she turned on her side and started interrogating the girl. "What is up with you and Bucky anyways?"

Bri looked like the question had thrown her off guard. She didn't know there was anything 'going on' between her and Buck. Did it look like that to everyone else?

"I'm only asking because I don't want you to have Stockholm syndrome." Natasha blew a piece of hair from her face. "You guys seem really close after the whole incident.."

She then remembered Natasha was the one that had a history with Bucky. Nat was never jealous. She was a thirty-two year old woman who wanted to protect the fresh baby in the field. Bri rolled her eyes and turned away from her friend.

"I brought him here to get help, Natasha. That is it."

And with that, Nat didn't overstep any more boundaries and snuggled into her pillow to fall asleep. 

Bri stayed awake for a while. She was thinking over the card her brother had sent her. Nat also was the one that wanted her to go meet up with him. She and Tony knew nothing about him, but they were so encouraging when it came to reunited the siblings.

Being without her brother and parents for so many years changed her. She assumed it was for the better because she could provide for herself and take care of things on her own. Bri's attitude also changed. She became more defensive over time and never really got out into the dating world due to the fear of abandonment and rejection. If she didn't give someone the time of day, she wouldn't get hurt in the end.

Her thoughts drifted to Nat's earlier questions. Bri thought Bucky was extremely good looking, but Bucky probably saw her as a doctor. There was no way that both of their traumas could be set aside to provide a loving relationship. She was fine with being his friend and safety blanket.

Bri stayed awake for a little more until the sound of Nat's slight snores helped her drift to sleep. 

-------------

Steve turned over on his side as soon as he heard the screaming.

It was obviously Bucky because he had seen Bri leave the floor with her pillow and blanket.