Chapter 2- Unexpected Meet Ups

A/N : Hey guys! How was the last chapter ? Please vote if you like this story. And comment telling me what you think🤗. Anyway let's get right into the story. Hope you like it!

Lala's P.O.V.

I gasp to which Amy quickly covers my eyes and mouth, then pulls me behind a wall silently where we were out of sight.

I look at Amy with a mixture of feelings in my eyes, surprise, hurt and anger. My eyes filled with tears as she looks at me with pity and worry in her eyes.

We both stand there saying nothing until we find a way to get out of the house. As soon as we are far from the house a tear falls from my eyes. Amy doesn't see it so I quickly wipe it away.

"Are you okay?," she asks.

I look at her and smile because I knew that if I said anything I would break down crying.

As we head back to school I can feel her eyes searching mine to see if I'm really okay.

Silence fills the cab and so I try to change the subject. Key word=try.

" Do you remember that time when, when, when...."

So I have a problem. Whenever I'm 'distracted' by something or someone that I can't stop thinking about, I always try to change the subject but always fail.

Amy starts laughing and I'm guessing she noticed what I was trying to do.

----------------------

We were now at school and I can't believe we actually got back in time.

"See I told you we'd get back in time," Amy says proudly as if she's just won a trophy.

"Yeah" I say while smiling at her.

I give my homework to the teacher and head back to the lab even though there's not much time left until lunch is over.

I start to regret telling Amy to go ahead as I start thinking about what I saw at home.

We silently tip toe down the stairs which I wish I didn't do because in the living room there was a surprise I wish I hadn't seen.

It was only for a second but I know what I saw. My father was hovering over a brunette lady with dark blue eyes and perfect makeup with full red lips. I'm certain they were about to do the dirty and that disgusted me. But most of all, it hurt me. I know that my mom will find out whether or not I tell her and that will hurt her even more. But I really didn't expect that from my father, my caring, kind father -

My thoughts are interrupted by a hard surface I bump into making me fall to the ground. I look up and see Ryan, the crush, my crush.

I look up to see him staring at me with wide eyes. A blush creeps up my cheek so I cover my face with my hands, realizing I was crying.

Great, now my crush sees the horrible way I look when I cry. Could this day possibly get any worse?

"Um are you okay?," he says softly.

I wipe my tears before responding.

"Yeah, yeah, totally okay," I say giggling nervously after. While looking everywhere else except at him.

"Let me help you up," he says reaching out for me to take his hand.

So in order for him to help me up, I have to hold his hand,and if I hold his hand I might die. Wait, but I wonder how soft his palms are. I bet they're really really really soft. And what if-

He clears his throat, snapping me back to reality.

Slowly and hesitantly, I take his hand. It was only for a split second, but that was the best split second ever.

We start walking and silence takes over until...

"So...why were you crying?," he asks and I look down. "I'm sure it's not because of me because my chest is not that hard," he adds trying to lighten the mood.

"Are you sure about that?," I laugh.

So whenever I'm around him I either can talk too much or not talk at all, and trust me, the 'talk too much' is way better. We are friends by the way. We just hardly ever see each other or talk to each other.

He gasps, "what's that supposed to mean!?"

We both start laughing.

----------------------

Shool is almost over meaning I'll have to go home not knowing what, no, who I'll go home to.

Soon, the bell rings making me sink in my seat. I really don't want to go home so I decide to stay at school a little longer and wait for Amy to finish her extra classes.

"Lala! "

I look up to see Amy at my classroom door. My face brightens and as soon as I'm in front of her I take her hands, start jumping and say, "I'm waiting on you today!"

"Okay great!," she smiles, "but why!?," she says, and weirdly, still smiling.

So I play along.

I start laughing "ummm"

"Okay whatever you're obviously not ready to tell me... but it's awesome that you're going to wait on me. We can go home together! "she says happily.

------------------

Amy is in class now and I wanted to get some fresh air so I go outside on the field. I sit and take out my phone taking pictures of random objects like the grass and rocks. I turn the camera once more and to my surprise, I saw Ryan. I remove the phone from my face only to see how close his face was to mine. A blush quickly lands on my cheeks and we both back up, laughing nervously.

The laughter ends and we go silent so I look around, realizing we're the only ones on the field.

Oh shit.

"What?"

Damn I said that out loud.

"Nothing, just.. thinking out loud," I giggle nervously. "So.. how was your day?," I ask.

"It was okay... what's up with you though? Why... were you crying?," He asks hesitantly.

I look down for a while then look back up saying "no reason," I smile.

"No reason?," he repeats, questioning my reply.

"Yeah, no reason," I smile.

"Oh really?, "he asks again.

" Yes, really!," I start laughing.

"Then why do you tug at the grass each time I ask you?," he asks with a smirk on his face which is soooooo cute.

I feel my breath hitch in my throat and I become speechless.

"Uh,"I look to both sides searching for an answer, as if that can help.

" Because I love the grass?"

" Oh really?"

" Yes, really?"

"Is that really it...or is it that you love me?"

A/N : Yeesh😬. Guys tell me if you liked this chapter and please vote. Thanks! Bye! 🤗