Chapter 14 - Shocking Confession

Ryan POV

I've decided. I'm going to tell her today. I didn't tell her last night because I didn't think it would be right to tell her over the phone, even though I knew it would be way harder in person.

Quickly putting on a t-shirt and pants, I ran downstairs to my car before driving to her house, as I wanted to tell her as soon as possible.

After knocking on the door, I waited a while before the door swung open, and there she was. Her hair was done in a high ponytail with which she wore a light blue sweater and black denim jeans.

"Morning beautiful," I said, greeting her with the biggest smile I could make. She looked quite confused and slightly shocked at the same time. She then looked down as a vague blush crept upon her face.

"What are you doing here?" She mumbled still looking down.

"I'm here to pick you up," I replied. On cue, her head flew up as she looked me in the eyes before quickly averting them once more.

"Huh?"

"I'm carrying you to school," I explained.

_______________

It was quiet. Too quiet.

To break the silence I decided now was the right time to tell her. Beating me to my confession, she spoke instead.

"Are you mad at me about the night of the party? I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have brought you home." I couldn't see her face because I was driving and her head was turned the other way, but her voice was sincere as she spoke.

"What, no. I'm the one that's supposed to say sorry. It must've been hard carrying me. Thanks," I said. Taking my eyes off the road for a split second and looking at her before adding, " how did you carry me by the way?" I laughed.

"I didn't. Alex did."

Alex? Why would Alex? That dick.

"He looks really close to Amy by the way. I think they're in a relationship or something. Oh wait, you don't know Alex do you? He's one of Amy's friends," she explained.

"That's not who I know him as..." I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"What? ...Nothing," I replied.

Alex was one of my friends who volunteered to do the 'bet'. That's when I said I'd do it instead. He was known for his cunning acts when it came to girls. Exactly what you'd call a player. But why'd he have to go and target Amy of all people?

Pulling up in the parking lot I took deep breaths readying myself to tell Lala. She was now unbuckling her seatbelt to step out of the car. Before she could open the door, I spoke.

"Wait," she turned around urging for me to continue. "I uh... I have something to tell you." She sat there silently listening to what I was about to say. "I'm... I'm not going to be here."

She had a confused look on her face as she replied. "You're not going to be here? What do you mean? Are you going somewhere? For how long?"

"I'm moving...and I don't think...I'm coming back..." I said hesitantly, almost regretting the fact that I told her. I never thought I'd be the one to hurt her.

Raising her eyebrows, she remained silent. With a soft but crooked 'okay' she turned around and left.

As soon as she was out of sight, the anger raged inside of me. I wasn't angry at anyone but myself. "F***!" I said gritting my teeth and hitting the staring wheel with the palm of my hand.

________________

Lala's POV

I held my books tightly to my chest looking down and closing my locker. I knew I was about to cry but I wanted to be strong. The tears were just about to roll down my cheeks when I heard the sound of someone's voice behind me.

"Hey, Lala." It was Zack. "Did you do the English homework? I really need help," he whined. I remained silent with my back still turned to him knowing that if I replied my voice would have cracked.

"Come on! I'll do anything. I didn't get to do it because I was so busy," he explained. "Are you ignoring me? Hey, come on," he said turning me around. He stood there silently for a while before speaking again. Lowering his head to see my face he asked, "are you crying? Lala."

"No, I'm not," I said before snuffling and turning around to leave. Yet again, he turned me around before lifting my chin and firmly saying, " you are crying."

"What's wrong Lala? You know you can tell me anything," he said in a soft but comforting voice.

"It's nothing, okay?"

"People don't just cry for no reason. Did something happen with you and Ryan?" He asked.

Ugh. That stupid name. Hearing his name now made my heart sink. It was hard thinking about someone I knew was going to leave anyway.

"Lala. Did something happen?" Zack asked again.

Before I could properly answer him a tear rolled down my cheek. The last thing I heard from Zack before he left was the soft curse words from under his breath. Not too long after, Amy came.

"Hey, what's up with that guy? Lala? Are you crying?" As soon as those words left her mouth, we heard a commotion at the end of the hall.

A crowd gathered blocking our view. Though I couldn't see what was happening, at the sound of their voices, I immediately knew who was there.

It was most definitely Zack and Ryan.

Through the spaces in between persons in the crowd, I could vaguely see the both of them. A gasp escaped my mouth before quickly covering it with my hands. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. In a flash, Zack folded his hand into a fist. Not too long after holding Ryan by the neck of his shirt and giving him a solid punch.