Chapter 4- Devoured By Thought

Lala

The room was big and filled with darkness. I started to look around desperately searching for an escape, but there was no door.

Suddenly, in the corner of the room, I saw a couch. It looked familiar, like the couch at home. I slowly walked towards it but stopped when I heard laughter, a woman's laugh. I suddenly felt the urge to run. So I ran, not knowing where I was going. My eyesight was filled with darkness.

A look of relief and surprise fell upon my face for a brief moment when I saw a small hint of light. I ran as fast as I could towards it but it only felt as if the more I ran the smaller and farther away it got. I was still hearing the laugh. It sounded dark and evil, as if it wanted to devour me and it was getting close. I could feel it close behind me.

Out of fear, my feet started to feel weak and I fell. When I turned around, I saw a beautiful woman, her face filled my eyesight. She had dark blue eyes that held and evil look in them, and brunette hair with red lipstick.

A loud ring stung my ears and I got up quickly, realizing it was only a dream. I let out a loud sigh of relief then got up and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and said, " It was just a dream. I'm strong. I can do this."

--------------------

As I walked through the hall on my way to class. The memory of my dad and that woman from yesterday kept replaying itself in my mind.

"Lala? Are you listening to me?"

Zack was walking along side me now. When did he get here? I've known him my whole life. We were neighbors.

"Huh?" What did he say? "Yeah totally."

"Great! You never say yes. But anyway, thanks for agreeing to keep an eye on my sisters this Saturday. You're a life saver. See ya!" he said, a wide grin across his face.

"Huh! Wait, what!?" Before I could properly process what he said, he had already disappeared in the crowd of students.

"Oh great," I mumbled sarcastically to myself.

"What's great?"

Ryan! The date! Saturday! Oh no.

"N-nothing," my voice shaking and nervous. "Uh.. about Satur-"

"Yo, Ryan!" A familiar voice called him. I turned around to see one of his friends walking towards us. Oh shit. I never talk to his friends. It's not that I hate them, it's just that I a would feel uncomfortable talking to them because I'm sure they know I like him. Like I said, everyone knows.

"Yo, Ben. What's up bro!?" They greeted each other doing a man hug. Ben looked at me and chuckled. I glared at him then remembered I had class. I glanced at my watch, realizing I was late and class was about to begin.

"I gotta go," I said hurriedly. Not waiting for a reply, I ran off to class.

Ryan
I was about to say goodbye but she ran off too quickly. Huh, that seems awfully familiar. I grinned thinking back to that day on the field. I watched her run away then turned back to Ben.

"So what's up man?" I asked.

"Nothing much, how's your progress!?" He asked cheerfully.

"I'll win, I promise"
_____________

I was starting to feel a bit guilty now as I realized Lala was innocent and kinda cute too. She was nothing like the other girls my friends and I made bets over. She was different and I realized that when she told me she liked me because I knew she had like me for a long time but she never once said it before.

Why did I even agree to this stupid bet? I'm such an asshole. I don't deserve to be liked by someone like her. Should I tell her?

Now there she was. I spotted her, with her head down, walking slowly, real slow, as if she was consumed with thought.

Did someone tell her?

I walked up to her and said hi but she kept walking as if she didn't realize I was there.

Shit. Did she know about the bet? How did she find out.

I walked towards her again.

"Hey." But she just kept walking.

This time I went in front of her blocking her path.

"What's wro-," she bumped into me.

She looked up to see who she bumped into, her eyes watery with a look of sadness, confusion and pain on her face.
"I'm sorry, sorry about everything. I'm sorry about this and the bet. I'm sorry for making you cry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought you were just like the other girls but I was wrong. So wrong. Will you forgive me? What am I saying. I don't deserve forgiveness. You can hate me... if you want."

Her next words made me freeze.

"What bet?"

A/N:Hey guys, sorry for not updating in such a long time. And I'm sorry for this short chapter.