Chapter 6-The Talk

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I sat placing my feet in the chair with my hands in the pocket of my robe. I had on a pajama shirt and pants which the robe now covered.

"I came to explain to you. I've been thinking a lot these past few days, and I know I was wrong but I didn't give you an explanation- I didn't even try to. So that's why I'm here. I wanted to tell you everything," he said, a pleading look on his face as if asking if I'll listen.

"Okay," I said in an I dont-really-care-just-do-whatever-you-want manner. I wanted to show him that I don't care about what he has to say since he didn't care about how I felt.

"So it started on the same day I bumped into you in the hallway. That day my friends and I were talking then we saw you. You were walking alone, your head down. You looked so vulnerable and lost. You looked like the perfect target, well, for them at least. I didn't think it was a good idea-"

"Lies, you liar," I murmured more to myself than him while looking down. "You were okay with it, that's why you did it." When I looked up he was staring right at me with a look I couldn't quite describe on his face.

"Y'know what? Get out. I really don't want to see you right now," was what I wanted to say.....but didn't.

"And I'm so sorry. I didn't think it was a good idea, but when someone else said they'd do it I volunteered instead. I didn't know what they were capable of but I knew it would be way worse than what I would have done," he explained, the same pleading looking still on his face.

I guess the whole I-dont-care act was now over since I was starting to get pissed.

"Oh and that makes it okay? You could have just called the whole freaking thing off!," I sat up as I started to get more and more angry.

"Is everything okay in here?" My mom suddenly came in the room and I realized I shouted.

"Yes, Mrs.Clark."

"Lala? You okay?" Mom asked me to clarify what he said.

Am I?

"I'm going to bed," I said getting up. I couldn't handle anymore. I knew I was going to cry and soon. But I didn't want to cry in front of him.

Ryan

Even though she tried to hide it, I could still see the hurt look on her face as she walked past me and went upstairs.

"Whatever you did, you better fix it, and fast," I turned my head to see her mother glaring at me.

I looked down.

What if I can't?

The Next Day

Lala

I woke up to the sound of the alarm. With my vision still blurry, I looked at my phone wondering why it alarmed when its the weekend. My eyes widen at the sight of the alarm I had set.

It was today. Today was the day I was gonna go out with Ryan. I suddenly felt a thump in my chest as hurt filled my body.
I decided I wasn't going to cry anymore so I didn't. But thinking about him made my heart hurt.

Thinking about it now, I realize that all along I thought he was this sweet and kind guy. But I guess I never really knew him huh.

I sigh as I get up and head to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I decide to take a shower too.

I step out of the bath and put my robe on.

To my surprise, I find Zack all relaxed on my bed using his phone.

"How did you get in here?"

"Your mom let me in."

A/N

Sorry this chapter was so short.