An Accident And A Suspect

Shawn POV

When Cass and I parted ways, I looked over my shoulder to get one more glance at her before starting the search. The living room area was already cleared so I made my way to the kitchen and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I turned around heading towards the hallway, about halfway down the hall, my steps faltered as I heard a heart wrenching scream.

My heart felt as though it stopped, but I quickly sprang into action. “Cass!” I yelled and sprinted up the stairs as fast as I could. “Cassie, what’s wrong? What happened?”

She quickly shut off the light to the bedroom and quickly shut the door. That’s when I ‘saw’ a glimpse of the letters HAI dripping down the wall before she closed the door. “What happened, what did you see?” I said as I tried to move her out of the way so I could enter the bedroom.

“No! Don’t go in there.” She suddenly said blocking the door with her body. “Remember when I told you not to pry, that’s exactly what you’re doing.” She said with a quivered voice.

“Cass, let me through.” I said seriously.

“Shawn, I told you no.” She said coldly, her glare intensifying.

Angry I took another step towards her, thereby forcing her to look up to meet my eyes. “You’re hiding something Cass. Why won’t you tell me? What don’t you want me to know?!” I shouted.

“It doesn’t concern you Shawn!” She yelled back.

“Doesn’t concern me?” I repeated. “When it comes to you it concerns me! It’s like I don’t even know you anymore! You won’t tell me what’s wrong. I’m trying here Cass. I’m trying to help you, but you’re being so damn stubborn.” I spoke in a louder voice.

I had thought we were getting closer now, it was obvious now. She had never planned to really let me back into her life again.

The look in her eyes was enough of an answer. I felt like vomiting. True, we haven’t been very close since she transferred here to Santa Barbara. And even now, when we were starting to get closer, she hadn't planned on telling me anything.

"I see", I muttered. “Have it your way Cass, but do know this. I’ll eventually find out what’s going on, even if that means you having to expose I’m a fraud.”

With that I turned around and rushed downstairs, placing the gun back on the coffee table and walked out the door.

^^

??? POV

It made me sick seeing her with him, her arms tightly around his waist as they pulled up. That should be me instead of him. She needed to be punished, reminded once again that she’s mine, and only mine. I tightly gripped the steering wheel waiting for him to walk out the door.

I chuckled as my prayer was answered. He walked out the door and paced in front of his bike, debating what to do next. I smirked in sick satisfaction as he got on his bike and put on his helmet and left her house. I turned on the ignition and followed him.

Tonight will be the end of you.

Shawn POV

I replayed the argument over and over in my head as I swarmed through traffic. When I left her house I got on my bike and went for a drive to clear my head. Why couldn’t she talk to me? What was she hiding? Thoughts continuously popped into my head.

I turned on the road I normally take when I drive around, it was a quiet road. No traffic. I looked at my side mirror and noticed a black suburban speeding right behind me. Thinking he was in a rush I pulled a little over to the side to let him pass.