The Truth Is Revealed Part 1

O.o Alright! The moment everyone has been waiting for. If you like please review and I'll post part 2!

Chapter 9: The truth is revealed Part 1

A little over a month has passed since Shawn’s accident. His leg was healing up nicely. The doctor took off the cast and replaced it with a boot, but told him not to put too much strain on it. As for his bike, the insurance covered it and he got it repaired much to our dismay.

As for Matt, the bastard was able to post bond on his charges, and is currently awaiting trial. Since then, he hasn’t spoken a word to me.

^^

My eyes just stared blankly at the computer screen. Not that there was anything important to see on the screen, I just stared anyway. The Chief assigned us a new case, but I just wasn’t motivated to solve it. Today was one of the days I dreaded most. Hailey’s Birthday,

“Is she okay?” I heard Gus whispering to Juliet.

“She’s been like that all morning, she hasn’t moved from her desk once.” Juliet said concerned.

“Is she even breathing?” Shawn joked as he gave Gus a gentle nudge to the side with his crutch.

Lassiter had enough and let out a heavy sigh and stood up from his desk and made his way over to me and slammed his fists down at my desk. I didn’t flinch.

“Detective Reed, you’ve been sitting there all morning, not once have you glanced at the case file the Chief assigned you to, Whatever personal problems you’re going through, fix it.” He snarled.

I turned around, anger flaring up in my stomach. I picked up the file and shoved it into his chest, causing him to take a step back in surprise. “If you’re so concerned about the damn case, then solve it yourself Detective!” I shouted as i walked away.

The four of them just stood there in shock, but Shawn quickly snapped out of it and handed Gus his crutches and startedlimping to my side. “Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, What’s wrong Cass? Shawn asked grabbing my arm leading me down a quiet hall.

I pulled away from his grasp. “Shawn, please. Just leave me alone.” I begged.

“Why? We’re a team. If something’s wrong, then let me help you.” He said tilting his head to the side with a smile.

I shook my head and approached Shawn embracing him in a hug. “Sorry Shawn, but this is isn’t something you can help me with,” I said dropping my arms to the side and gave him a soft smile before turning away.

I stopped for a brief second and glanced back at Shawn. “You’re on your own with this case, ‘Psychic.’”

“Cass?” He said worriedly.

After that little conversation I decided to head to the Chief’s office. I knocked on the door and slowly pushed it open. She didn't raise her head to see who it was, so I slowly made my way into the room. "Chief?"

"Yes?" she asked flatly

“I was just wondering if I could take a couple personal days off starting tomorrow.”

She finally looked up at me, making my breath catch in my throat. I was expecting her to say no, to get out of her office, but she looked completely surprised. "Sure, if you really need to. Is everything alright?"

“Y-Yeah, I just need to clear my head is all.” I muttered

“Do you want to talk about it?” She asked putting her pen down on the desk.

“No ma’am.”

“Detective, I know what today is, talk to someone about it please. I could call the department’s psychologist if you need me to.” She said.