The Truth Is Revealed Part 2 (Revised)

Chapter 10: The Truth Revealed Part 2 (Revised)

Cass POV

I had to admit, I felt bad for leaving Shawn and Gus behind to solve the case on their own, but I knew I wasn’t going to be very much help this week. When I left the precinct I immediately went home and grabbed my bags. Sadly I had them already packed. They’ve been packed for a while now and just sitting in my closet until the day, correction days I dread approach.

I stopped briefly at the door and punched in the pass code for the alarm system. After the little incident on Christmas I took no more chances and called an alarm company to install a system in my house. I locked the door and walked over to my car.  I pressed my clicker and unlocked the trunk and threw my bags in and left to a place I once called home.

~PSYCH~

About 3 hours later I arrived at Santa Clara. The first place I decided to visit was the cemetery. It was a beautiful place at the end of town and was very well kept. I never thought I’d be the one burying my child. I’d figure she’d be the one burying me. I turned off the ignition and let out a shaky breath. Come on Cass, time to get this over with.The voice said in my head. I walked through the gates to be greeted by the caretaker. “I was wondering if you were going to show up today.” He said while raking the leaves off the ground.

“Yeah, well the drive took a while.” I said lowering my gaze down to the ground.

“She would have been eleven now right?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I said softly, crunching some leaves with my shoes. “Have they shown up yet?” I said meeting his gaze with curiosity.

“Not yet, but I’m pretty sure they’ll be here.” He replied solemnly.

“Great.” I mumbled. “Hopefully they won’t show up till after I leave, we don’t want a repeat of what happened like last time.” I said walking my way over to Hailey’s stone.

“Don’t count on it pup.” He frowned.

"Happy Birthday baby girl," I said quietly as I stopped in front of the familiar grave. I knelt down before it, and patted the stone fondly, and sat down on the grass.

“I miss you so much Hailey. I’m so alone and lost without you.” Tears were filling up in my eyes. “I’m trying to stay strong. Strong for us, but it’s getting harder.”

Silence filled the air. I wanted so bad to hear her beautiful voice, to hear her call me mommy again, to come into my room in the middle of the night when she a nightmare, so I could tell her everything would be okay. I wiped some of the tears off my eyes. “I work in Santa Barbara now as a detective.” Air caught in my lungs as I tried to find the right words to say. “The Chief assigned me to work alongside a Psychic…your father. “I said softly.

“Shawn’s not really a psychic though.” I smiled. “But he puts on a really good act.”

I leaned forward tracing the inscription with my finger. “I’m sorry I never told you more about him Hailey,” I said softy. “I thought I would be protecting you if he wasn’t in your life, but I was wrong, so wrong. It was me that couldn’t protect you.” I continued. “Maybe, just maybe if I had told him I was pregnant with you, things would have been different and you would still be here with me, with us,”

I let out a heavy sigh, contemplating where I should begin next, “I’m such a coward Hailey, I still haven’t told him about you. I’m scared, scared of what he’ll think.” I cried. “Please tell me, tell me what I should do baby? Give me a sign, give me anything.” I begged.