Humiliated

Chapter 17: Humiliated

A/N: So this would have been posted yesterday, thanks to my awful service provider down here the internet was down all day yesterday. So in return I will add another chapter tonight or tomorrow after work. Please comment and vote!

??? POV

I scowled as I watch them kiss. I banged my hands against the steering wheel. How dare she do this to me, she was mine, and only mine. No one could love her the way I could, please her the way I could. I traced the bulging scar on my shoulder and grinned. We will soon be together. It’s only a matter of time.

~Psych~

Cass POV:

“Good morning, you two.” I smiled, greeting Carlton and Juliet as I removed my purse from my shoulder laying it down on top of my desk.

“Good morning…you seem pretty…lively this morning…” Juliet raised a brow as she tilted her head in a curious manner.

I froze and the smile left my face. “Do I now? Perhaps I just woke up in a good mood.” I covered up.

“Hmm...”

I pulled my chair out and took a seat and leaned under my desk to press the power button on my computer, shielding my face as I smiled to myself once again. Shawn had spent the whole weekend with me. I’ve missed this amazing man for so long it hurt to think back to the time I didn’t have him. And even when I came back, he forgave me for the horrible things I did to him.  My smile quickly faded when I sat up. Juliet quickly got up from her desk and dragged her chair over to mine, flashing a wide grin.

Shawn was right, I’m not good at hiding things. “Okay, spill it”

I felt myself flush from embarrassment. I mentally scolded myself for acting like a giddy high school girl and placed a hand over my face, covering up my shame. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Juliet.”  I mumbled.

She laughed and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Oh, come on. It’s totally obvious. You have a certain someone on your mind!” She beamed. “Tell me, it’ll be our little secret.”

I heard Lassiter scoff from his desk. “I wouldn’t tell her anything Reed, she’ll blab it to the first person she see’s. No offense O’Hara.”

 She turned her attention towards Lassiter and gave him a glare, so I took this as my opportunity to escape. “You know what? I’m going to get myself a cup of coffee.” I announced, before I swiftly made my escape.

“But you hate coffee.” Juliet shouted behind me.

As I walking towards the employee lounge, I heard Shawn and Gus bickering about something on their way in. I stopped as I noticed Gus was waving something around in the air frantically, scolding Shawn. His eyes lit up as he noticed me standing in the middle of the hallway, and rushed over.

“Morning Cass” He chirped happily.

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him a disappointed look. He knew he’d been caught. He had the look of shame on his face. I looked over his shoulder and over to Gus. “How much Gus?”  I asked.

Gus shook his head and lowered his gaze to the floor. I sighed and rubbed a hand on my forehead and turned my attention back to Shawn. “This evening, you’re going to tell me exactly how much you spent, so I can write him a check.”

“Cass-“

“No Detective.”

I held up my hand, to keep them from interrupting. “My mind is already made up. Gus I’ll write you a check first thing.” I turned and walked back towards my desk, only to be stopped by Shawn. “I’m sorry Cass. Please don’t be upset.”