To When We Met

A/N:

Okay this is a small intermission. ¾ of this chapter is a major flashback, and will pick back to the original story in the last ¼. The reason I did this, is because I had this stuck in my head, and needed it to be written. Some of you are already asking for a sequel and a prequel. So I’ve decided to leave that up to you all. If you would like a prequel or a sequel written, please let me know in your review or PM. That way I can already start. I’m hoping to finish this within five more chapters, but we’ll see. J

Thanks to those who have reviewed, I really appreciate it! For those who are wondering when everyone will find out about Shawn having a daughter, it will be in this upcoming chapter. I’m currently working on it, so hopefully I will have it up by Monday or Tuesday. Please don’t forget to review or favorite it would mean a lot to me!

Note: This is rated M for a reason peeps.

Chapter 16: To When We Met

Flashback:

Shawn POV:

Closed shops and pools of light surrounded by darkness raced by as I flew along the abandon street, after minutes of running I stopped, panting for breath. I could see my breath leave my mouth, as I gasped for air. My lungs felt like thousands of needles were penetrating them, as the freezing air entered my body. The footsteps echoed along the street as they were catching up to me. I noticed a street lamp was out, darkening the alley that was up ahead.

I jogged the rest of the way, my calves on fire and entered the alley hiding behind a dumpster. “Shit, where did he go?” The dark voice questioned.

“I don’t know, but he couldn’t have gotten far.” A second voice replied, their footsteps fading as they ran off in the other direction. Sighing in relief, I stood up and walked cautiously out of the alley. Before I reached the street, I took a few steps back as I heard a voice a few feet away. “Cassidy, don’t forget to lock up before you leave.” Said the hoarse voice. “Cassidy, did you hear me?” He repeated irritably. “Damn kid.” Throwing his hands up in annoyance he left, the door slowly closing behind him.

I took this as my opportunity to hide until the coast was clear and grabbed the door from closing and quietly went in, softly closing the door behind me. I took a look around at my surrounding and noticed it was a small diner, the smell of coffee and grease filling the air. I noticed a girl probably in her mid to late teens dancing around the diner, mopping the floor, listening to music on her walkman.

I chuckled and shook my head, taking a seat at a booth next to me. I watched her body sway, as she danced to her music. When she turned around she let out a yelp and dropped the mop, placing a hand on her chest. ‘Guess I caught her by surprise.’ She quickly removed her headphones, and looked at the clock on the wall. “Uh, you do realize were closed right?” She asked,