Wanting To Know

Please comment and vote! I would really apprecite it, so that way I know people are at least reading this.

Cass POV

The following morning the guys and I packed and got ready to leave this dreadful place and head back home. Luckily, one of the officers who was at the scene at the time of the fire worked part time at a tire shop and gave me a good deal on new tires. He was even kind enough to pick up my car and deliver it to me this morning after he finished up. I heard my phone buzzing on the nightstand and picked it up. I frowned at the name displayed across the screen. I quickly hit the end button and put it in my back pocket. “You’re not going to answer Miller’s call?” Shawn chimed.

“How did you?” I said turning to Shawn who placed his hands to his head and winked, causing me to roll my eyes. I picked up my bags and grabbed my keys off the dresser. “I’ll talk to you guys later. I’m going down to the lobby to check us out.” I said walking over to the door. “I’m coming with you.” Shawn said running to my side. I looked down and noticed he wasn’t wearing his boot. “Shawn where the hell is your boot, you’re going to re-break you leg!" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

He scoffed. “I don’t want to wear it, it itches.” He pouted, “And I for one am shocked detective, I haven’t worn it all morning and you’re barley noticing. You’re detective skills are lacking.” He grinned.

Gus shook his head in disapproval. “Don’t come crying to us when you’re on the floor pleading for us to take you to the hospital when you re-break that leg, because you’ll be on your own if that happens Shawn.” Gus said turning to me for support, which I nodded in agreement.

The grin on Shawn's face morphed into a look of pure shock. “And I for one am stunned to know that the two of my favorite people would abandon me at my time of need.” He said hurtfully.

I rolled my eyes as I slowly placed a hand on the doorknob, and pushed the door open walking out. Shawn started to follow behind me, but turned around and ran back to the room. I stopped and pressed my back against the wall waiting for him to catch up.

“We’ll meet you at home buddy. I’m going to hitch a ride with Cass.” Said Shawn

I knew why he wanted to tag along. He’s been eyeing me all morning, waiting for the right moment to get me cornered and talk about this. He had a right to know, but it was something I wasn’t looking forward to talking about. I knew we would have to talk about it sooner or later, so what a better time to discuss it than on a long drive home.

“Don’t forget my bag Gus.” Shawn said walking back towards me.

Gus ran out into the hall. “No way Shawn, carry your own bag! Shawn! Come back here!” Gus shouted behind us.

I shook my head, smiling to myself.

^^

Shawn POV

After Cass and I checked out at the front desk, we headed straight back to Santa Barbara. The first thirty minutes were pure agonizing silence, both of us waiting for one another to start the conversation. I wanted to know, know everything there was to know about Hailey. It killed me that I didn’t know what she looked like, or what her likes and dislikes were.

 I never really thought about having kids, or even planning on getting married for a while. I knew that’s what Jules wanted from me, and I couldn’t give it to her, at least not yet. I wasn’t ready to settle down, and raise a family. So things got a little difficult in our relationship and we ended it.

Thinking about Cass being pregnant with Hailey, and raising her all alone, hurt. If only she would have told me, I would’ve been there for her. Her holding my hand while she shouts obscenities at me while giving birth to Hailey, hearing my daughter’s first words, and seeing her first steps. I missed all of it, and what was I doing, absolutely nothing worthwhile with my life, that is until Psych came around.