Marigold

The next day, the store had calmed down a bit and you were practically empty during the work day. As it was nearing around four in the afternoon, Miko came into your shop looking more angry than usual.

"What's up, Miki?" You came out from your counter and approached her, only to be suddenly engulfed in a painfully tight hug. "You... alright?"

"Yeah... I just... School's starting again soon and everyone's going to call me Miko. It bugs me more than it should. And then when I come here, it's going to be so busy! Thanks to Koda and maybe Junichi, of course."

She released you and looked you in the eye, smiling now.

"Seriously, talk about live-saving. Did you see Koda's interview?" You asked her while you both walked to the snapdragons.

"Yeah, even though I haven't seen either of them here lately. He talked about this greenhouse for what, like half the time? You could tell that the interviewer wanted him to move on!"

"It was almost funny because that lady really wanted to talk about his body and he just kept saying how he came here to relax. I thought her head would explode! And then I saw that Junichi had posted a picture of him here on his social media, so then everyone wanted to come here and try to see them. They must be training now, those super high-schoolers. I want to find a way to thank them..."

"You should give them plants!" Miko cheered as she picked up what looked like a good snapdragon plant.

"Isn't that a little overdone? I mean... I work and we all only meet in my greenhouse. Shouldn't I get them something that I specifically picked out for them?"

"Eh, free plants sound pretty good to me. Just maybe decorate the pot." She held the plant close. "I want this one."

"What flowers do you think they'd like?" You asked as you lead her to the cash register.

"Well what do we know about them? Junichi first." She set the plant down and got out her wallet.

"He's dating Koda, so clearly he doesn't need someone who is talkative." Miko laughed. "Apparently, he isn't very nurturing and he kills most of his plants. He doesn't seem to know much about plants, but he definitely likes pretty things. So I'd say he's a bit superficial, butHe already bought my coolest plant though..."

"So what do you think he'd like?"

"Mmm. I don't know. He really likes the color purple, but he and Koda have matching gold necklaces..."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you didn't notice? Koda rubs his all the time."

"I guess I don't watch them very closely."

"Marigolds. I think they can both have marigolds."

"We didn't even get to talk about Koda!" Miko whined. "What do you think Koda is like?"

You looked around and leaned close to her, indicating that you were about to spill something juicy.

"I think I have a crush on him. Isn't that bad?"

"That's so bad!!!!! You know he's gay!" She whisper-yelled, squealing.

"I know!" You sat back up as the door chimed and began speaking like a normal person again. "He's super dedicated and holds everything together and in line. He really does love Junichi, but probably because Junichi wanted his love first and he couldn't say no."