Tulips

It was quiet, today in the nursery, and you weren't sure what else you could possibly do with your plants while you waited for the after-work rush.

Earlier that day, before school had started, you were visited by the pair of Akira and Miki. Although they didn't talk to you much, you were happy that they had returned to even just be around your shop. Miki was something of a small-time celebrity, meaning that whenever she was found here, you knew you'd get a rush of customers. And this morning, Akira was helping her take some photos of her for her Nonstagram-- #BestNursery #Relax #NurseryWateredByTears.

You smiled at her and had been happy to help arrange some beautiful flowers around her; free advertising was free advertising. And at the end of it all, she did buy some fertilizer for her mother's garden and you waved good-bye to the odd couple.

But your silence didn't last long, however.

"YN!!!!" Junichi sped into your work in what seemed like record time after school was out.

"Junichi? What's wrong? Don't you have track practice?" You looked up at him bewildered.

"I have to talk to you! Before anyone else comes!" He looked around to ensure that the nursery was empty.

You hopped up onto your counter with your cash register and patted the spot next to you.

He quickly jumped up and laid his head on your shoulder, allowing you to wrap your arm around him. Junichi then took a deep breath.

"I want to have sex with Koda tonight." He said as he fiddled with his fingers.

"W-What?" You stumbled a bit. "Why?"

"Why? Because I love him. I don't know... I know he really wants to and I haven't been ready. But now I feel like maybe I am ready..." He sighed and snuggled close to you.

"So what do you need to talk to me about?" You asked him.

"Well... You're older than us... So I thought maybe you might have some tips on how I could bring it up... Or do a good job?" He blushed as he spoke to you.

Your face instantly lit up like a fire hydrant. Why did everyone think you were so experienced?

"I, uh, I haven't even had my first kiss yet... So I don't think I could give you any tips... But I could tell you from what I know of Koda that he'll say yes to anything that you want to do. If you wanted to make him feel special, you could bring him some flowers. What's his favorite?"

"I don't really know. We never get each other flowers or stuff. And we buy so many flowers and plants from you that I feel like it wouldn't be that special. Besides... His bedroom is getting full." He frowned. "I can't believe you haven't had your first kiss. Do you want me to give you one?"

"Isn't that cheating on Koda?" You laughed at this, rubbing his arm. "Maybe you can just bring him his favorite food?"

"I don't want to do it after he eats a cheeseburger!" He chuckled. "And no, I'm sure he wouldn't see it like that. I just can't believe your lips have never felt anothers! It's almost romantic!"

Junichi swooned against you, making you laugh even harder.

"I have enough lips for my lifetime." You tried to catch your breath as you wiped your eyes.

"What? Where? You just said you've never been kissed!"

"Aisle 3, towards the back. Tulips!"