Chapter V

Chapter V - "Mujhse dosti karogey?" [Let's be friends?]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

A man covered in mud, fodder and cow dung was the centre of attention of all the people sitting in the house yard, chatting over a cup of tea and relishing the lost memories while having some light snacks. Had Tisha not entered with him, they would have surely mistaken him for some slum boy or a ghost or quite possibly a goon. The whole yard burst into laughter once they recognised the person behind that ghostly appearance, making Aman embarrassed to no extents.

Every time I think that it can't get worse than this, I am proved wrong. This is the hell that people talk about!

Internally, he thanked God too because the mud was there to cover his red cheeks and pink nose tip. He looked here and there like a lost puppy, for some help. He couldn't find his dad there at that time. He felt helpless and frustrated at the same time. Finally, some help came from none other than Tisha's mom.

"Arey bas bas! Mere betey ko pareshan mat kijiye aap sab." [Stop it now. Stop teasing my son.]

Aman looked at her lovingly as she tried to control her laughter.

"You know you can laugh. No need to control." Aman frowned at her and she burst into laughter. Aman ran towards his room as Tisha's mom sent Tisha behind him to check up on him and provide him with the stuff to clean up. She grabbed the new towel and stuff for him and went inside the room without knocking since he was taking the shower. Just as she was placing the stuff on the bed, she heard the door unlock and he stepped out in a towel wrapped around his torso. She turned around, not knowing what was awaiting her. Water droplets travelling all the way down his chest to his torso and getting absorbed in the towel. His messy and wet mud brown hair falling in front of his eyes lessening the beauty of those silver blue oceans. There was awkwardness all around. Tisha didn't know why she wasn't able to move. She kept her eyes low. There was nothing extra ordinary about him. Lean figure, not much extra muscle build, no six pack abs but still he was fit and that's when she realised that she had been gawking at him all the while. Aman stepped forward making her breath hitch as he stood a few inches away from her and that too bare bodied. She closed her eyes as Aman bent forward. When she opened them again, Aman stood in front of her with his jeans in his hand.

"Jeans!" He exclaimed and turned around as Tisha let out a sigh of relief.

"Weirdo Dayan! [Witch]" He muttered under his breath as he stepped inside the washroom to get into his jeans, nevertheless she heard that. Tisha's red cheeks lightened up a little now and she began walking towards her room.

That was so unlike me! She thought to herself as she entered the room and plopped down on the bed only to find her excited best friend wiggling her eyebrows at her. She sat up on the bed cross legged and began clapping excitedly. "Ughh! Tell me everything! What happened?"

"What happened?" Tisha asked confused.

"Aye kameeni. Jhoot mat bol. Tu aur wo chikna. Kya kar rahay the kamrey main chup chup ke? [Hey. Don't try to lie now. What were you and that sexy boy doing secretly in the room?]" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Eww Muski! Shut up."

"Shut up!" She mimicked her making faces at her. "I saw you two. That was damn hot. He's so chikna haye! Jeeju! [Sexy, brother in law.]" She spoke dreamily.