Chapter XVIII

Chapter XVIII - Here comes the saviour cupid.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Finally, the day had arrived when Rahul Sharma aka Aman's best friend was supposed to arrive. Aman was very excited to meet him after a span of almost fifty days. He had missed him. He had missed talking to him. It felt like ages since he last saw him. He convinced Muskan and Tisha to accompany him to the airport. They booked a cab and reached there 2 hours earlier before the flight was supposed to land. One could visibly see the level of his excitement and love for his friend. Tisha was adoring the way he was awaiting his arrival. Finally, the announcement was made.  A handsome man with a wheatish complexion wearing black shades over a charcoal coloured shirt came forward dragging his trolley with two suitcases.

"Aman mere praa, mere yaar, mere jigar de totay, meri jaaneman!" [My brother, my friend, my piece of heart, my sweetheart.] He yelled in a typical Punjabi accent and from the tone of it, both Tisha and Muskan instantly knew that they were going to bond extremely well. Tisha and Muskan giggled as Rahul came forward and took Aman in a huge hug and pulled his cheeks, behaving like a long lost lover.

"I missed you, bro!" Aman spoke genuinely as he hugged him back. Aman had always been like that. Innocent and honest. Rahul and Aman had been the best of friends since almost fifteen years when Rahul came as a child patient in his father's hospital and they immediately bonded being age fellows. Rahul was that one extremely extrovert friend of the introvert who had to take care of Aman all the while. He never spoke verbally about it but for Rahul, Aman was a brother. A true one. And Rahul was extremely protective of him. He was two years elder to him and hence he was his elder brother who cared for him and guided him at every step. Both of them were extremely fond of each other and it was impossible to be away for a long time. Had Aman not came to Punjab with his dad, he would've gone on a vacation with Rahul. He was the closest to the family that he ever had. Infact, he was his family in Amsterdam apart from his dad. The three mouskateers gang. Aman's dad worried about him being left out always because he was a different child. He had lost his mother at an early age and he didn't even remember her much. Since the time, he got his sanity, he only had seen his dad. He had different hobbies than other boys of his age. He was never into arguments or fighting. He was a peace loving and gentle kid who had so much love to give to everyone. He was always into writing stories, fantasizing and imagining. Painting, drawing and several other creative skills. And he was extremely polite and humble. But then came Rahul who noticed every thing about him. He had been a very observant kid and now was an even more observant person. He noticed how he was always left out among other kids. He noticed how he was so kind and gentle. He noticed how he had no mother to go to when someone bullied him. He developed a soft corner in his heart for him that nurtured along as they grew up and the friend changed into best friend and then into a brother. Rahul took him along everywhere. He was extremely good at socialising, being an extrovert. He gave him the much needed exposure. He took him to every party, every club. And even though, he never socialised but Rahul was happy that he had grown out of his shell and enjoyed himself. Aman started offering to go to parties and that was when Rahul realised that he had succeeded. That was their story. Friends. Buds. Best friends. Brothers. Family. Whatever you call them, they were beyond any labels.

"I missed you too yaar. Itna time laga diya tu ne k mujhe aana pada tujhe le k janay k liye." [You were gone for too long now that I had to come here and take you back with me.]

"Dad said so. And besides, I went astray for a while." Aman spoke, hinting at his story. Tisha felt guilty at his words. She had hurt him alot.