Chapter XXII

Chapter XXII - Final efforts.

After last night, Rahul had promised to himself that he would do everything in his power to do one final effort if not for Tisha then for his little brother. He had talked to Muskan as well. Tonight it was the Sangeet ceremony and it was difficult to manage things. However, Muskan assured him that she would do her best.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Tisha was dressed in a beautiful gold and blue lehenga.

Aman was spellbound by her beauty. She was turning out to be the most gorgeous bride he had ever seen. How he wished she was his. But Alas! Life doesn't always go the way we plan. That's the sad reality of life. As humans, we plan a lot of things and a lot scenarios but hardly is there any time when it goes exactly the way you want.

"Aman!" Tisha whispered like a holy verse. She wanted him close to her. She couldn't seem to breath without him. He obliged and settled beside her. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her to himself. She rested her head on his chest. He understood her need of silence. They both were hurting equally. "You know Aman, you're the best thing that ever happened to me."

He just hummed in response. "Before you came here, my life was so monotonous and I was just passing each day. Then one day, out of nowhere, you came here. I was so fascinated by you. I teased you just so that I could get to know you. Remember the prank?" She chuckled through her tears making him laugh as well as she sniffed into his chest.

"Then we got to know each other and I don't know when it happened and we became best friends. We began sharing everything. We told each other everything. You were my human diary, my go-to person every single time. You were the reason I looked forward to every new day. You made me go back to the old Tisha. You loved me like no one else. You went out of your way just for me. Just so that I could smile. I didn't deserve it Aman. I didn't deserve your precious love." Aman immediately placed his hand on her mouth, preventing her from talking further.

"Listen up woman, no matter where I go, a piece of my heart will always be here. This face, the moments, the hang outs, the pranks - every damn thing is so special to me. I will always remember it. You made me see the world in a completely different way. You taught me how to live, how to enjoy the little moments in life so thankyou so much. Thankyou for teaching me everything."

She looked at him as if he was something out of this world - he truly was. He wasn't anything ordinary. She didn't realise when she started leaning forward, her heart betraying her mind. Don't do this, Tisha..Don't.

Her heartbeat started racing and synchronised with Aman's. Something at the back of her mind was overpowering her sanity.