Chapter XII

Chapter XII - Love or what?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

She woke up early in the morning and checked the time on her phone. It was a lazy day ahead and she could sense it. She was about to get up from her bed when her cell phone tinged with a notification. It was him. It had been so many days since she last saw or talked to him but was she missing him was the real question and she was afraid to answer it because she knew what was going on. She was sure of it.

Hey there! ❤

Hi! 💜

What's up Tish? Where have you been?

Busy with family nowadays. You say?

Nothing much. So when are you planning to tell them about us?

Listen ya! I am waiting for the right time.

What right time Tisha?

She could sense the change of tone in his text. It was almost as if he was shouting at her. She was thinking of what to reply but his second one came again.

You've already got ten proposals and you rejected all of them, even got badly hurt in the process but you just can't tell them the obvious fact. I am honestly so pissed off.

Calm down please.

What calm down ya? I've been waiting since ages. We can't even meet properly. Are you telling them or should I?

Don't be this much difficult please.

Ofcourse! What else. Now I would obviously seem difficult now that you have that foreigner hanging around all the time.

Excuse me. What the hell?

What? Just facts. I've been following you. You seem very happy with him. Pyaar vyaar to nahi hogya na tujhe? [Have you fallen in love with him?]

Pehle tu tameez se baat karna seekh le. Phir message kar lena. [First learn to talk politely, then message me.]

Sach to kadva hi hota hai, Tisha. [Truth always tastes bitter.]

I don't want to talk to you anymore.

I swear I will beat the shit out of him if he tries or even thinks about it.

Touch him and then see what I would do to you.

Wooh. Itna pyaar! [So much love.]

She could sense the taunting voice.

Go to hell for all I care. But remember one thing, if he even got a tiny scratch because of you, then you'll see the consequences.

She burst into tears after typing that and switched off her phone. Her pillow was getting wet with her tears but that was nothing new. She had always been so helpless and she couldn't vent it out on anyone. Why was her life so complicated? Why did she always have to bend in front of the patriarchal system of her house? Why no one cared about what the heart wanted? Why was everyone so mean, so selfish?