Chapter XVII

Chapter XVII - Kahi unkahi.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

A week later after the proposal and Aman's promise to Tisha to fight for her love along with his dad, things went pretty smoothly between them. Aman realised that just because he couldn't get Tisha to love him back didn't mean that he should give up on their friendship as well. The bond that they had developed over the past one month was beyond any love or worldly explanation. Their chemistry was mind blowing. They understood each other like nobody else. They were the best of friends and Aman wouldn't trade this amazing bond for anything in this world. He loved Tisha and there was no doubt in that but his love was pure enough to prioritize her happiness before his. If she was happy, then he was happy for her. And he had moved on with this fact because no matter how much we try, we can't make anyone fall in love with us and he respected her choice. He respected her and stood by her through every decision of hers.

However, both of them were unaware of the fact that someone close to them was trying her level best to play cupid for them and bring them together because she knew that either Tisha was in denial or she was purposefully doing this to herself and Aman and that was none other than her best friend, Muskan Chopra.
Even though, Tisha hadn't told her about Aman's confession but anyone could tell that they both were very much in love with each other. And so, she was making continuous efforts to make things work between the two. She had somehow convinced them for a bonfire night at the same hilltop where Aman had confessed his love for Tisha. But the thing was, Dev was also invited.

The four of them sat around the fire having the barbeque with chilled cokes. Dev was beside Tisha and Muskan sat with Aman. Dev's insecurities regarding Aman were long gone as he saw Muskan getting cosy with him and mistook that situation which went in Muskan's favour. Making excuse of the toilet, Muskan asked Dev to accompany her leaving Tisha and Aman alone for a while. The tension grew along with the crackling fire.

"How's he?" Aman asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Very handsome. Gabru jawan hai na poora. [He's a complete stud.] Body builder and all that. He takes care of me. He's a good person at heart." Tisha smiled.  She wasn't lying when she described him. The only thing was that she never saw him more than a friend. But with Aman, it was different. She saw her future with him. A future so beautiful and full of love and happiness that it scared her.

Aman looked at himself. He didn't fill any of her requirements and criterias. It was hard not to feel overshadowed and intimidated by Dev yet he maintained his composure. He was better than that. The night passed just like that. Aman didn't notice Tisha much when she was with Dev otherwise he could have gotten a clue of the fact that Dev was nothing more than a friend. And one more effort of Muskan went down the drain.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Later that night, Aman was anxious. Sleep was far away from his eyes. The wind outside was very pleasant so he decided to go to the rooftop for a walk. He grabbed his hoodie and went out. He had just taken a step or two when he spotted Tisha, sitting on the slanting roof of the haveli, wrapped in her shawl. The night was pitch black and when there's complete darkness the stars shine brighter but even the bright stars failed to match the sparkle of her eyes for the patience, the endurance that she had within her was unmatched. How could Aman not fall in love with her? He was in search of the stars and he found them in her eyes. He wanted to crack that code and pick up those stars and keep them safely somewhere. She was sitting alone with a cigarette in her hand. She had not smoked ever since Aman came here but when she realised that she had started falling for him, she decided to ignore her feelings and smoking was the only refuge for her. She knew she was at a health risk but the risk of falling in love with a person like Aman was greater than all of the risks. She took out a lighter from her hoodie pocket and lit it. She stared at it long enough. The reflection of the fire in her eyes made her look like a vicious tigress who was ready to rip apart everything that came in her way, everything that destroyed her. Little did she know that somebody was standing at the other side watching her every move carefully. She lit the cigarette and took a puff. She felt dazed as she took the first one but this dizziness was far better than facing the realities. She continued to smoke more. Aman could never see her like this. Even though she had told him that she had a boyfriend, he still fell for her everytime he saw her, harder and more than before. He walked towards the other end of the roof. She took a cigarette puff when he was half way there but suddenly she threw it away when her asthma attack started. She knew it was coming soon but she didn't try to get up rather she laid back on the slanting roof and her breaths came out rugged. She couldn't seem to breath. Aman ran towards her and knelt down beside her. Taking her in his arms, he patted her cheeks.