Chapter XXIV

Chapter XXIV - Fiction was better than reality.

Aman went down to the courtyard, where his father was busy in meeting everyone for the last time.

"Nikki ki shaadi tak to ruk jaata." [You should have stayed till Tisha's wedding.] He heard Tisha's father talking to his dad.

His father looked at Aman and then replied, "Kismat main aise hi likha tha." [It was written like that in destiny.]

Aman came down and greeted everyone, one last time. He came to Tisha's mother. She kissed his head and shed a tear. "Tisha really lost a gem."

He looked at her and shook his head, indicating her not to cry. That was the thing he hated the most about this patriarchal system. Her mother knew, she knew, everybody else knew but they were afraid. Afraid of their own men for they had seen the consequences of the last time their own daughter fell in love. What was so honourable in killing someone for a thing so minor to be called a sin. It was 21st century and still they had this mindset that inter cast marriages shouldn't be happening and that girls shouldn't fall in love otherwise they will bring dishonour for the family.

Rahul greeted Muskan one last time. "I will come back for you." He promised her. Aman was happy to see them progressing at least. He was sure that Rahul would keep his promise. He smiled at Muskan and hugged her.

"Aman, Tisha is a fool but you're the sane one. Don't do this." She requested one last time.

"It's too late Muskan. Too late." He stated with a sad face and then they were out of the house.

"Beta tujhe idhar aik bhi ladki pasand nahi ayi?" [Son, you didn't even like one girl here?] His dad asked him.

"Aayi to thi Dad. Lekin usse main pasand nahi aya tha." [I did, Dad. But she didn't.] He spoke in a pained voice. "Let's go."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

In the meanwhile, Tisha wiped her face and went to his room. She saw a huge canvas wrapped. She went closer to it and took off the sheet. She was blown away by what was beneath it. It was a digital painting of Tisha. It was a so beautiful that her eyes stung with tears. How could he love her this much. She continued gazing at that piece of art for whole ten minutes, appreciating its true beauty when her eyes fell on a package on the table. She picked it up and settled on the bed. His scent was still lingering around the room and that was soothing her somehow. She unwrapped the box and was surprised to see the book that he had been telling her about. It was the original hard copy in his own hand writing. She knew the story. She had heard bits and pieces from him. Although, she never read anything like this because she didn't believe in them but this time, she was supposed to read. She quickly jumped to the final chapters and started reading. Her tears were flowing down all the while. Tara and Austin finally met in the end. They were each other's forever. And Tisha realised that Aman had been lying all the while.

It wasn't just a story of Tara and Austin. It was Tisha and Aman. She connected the dots from the initial chapter how Austin comes to India for his holidays where he meets Tara. They hate each other in the beginning but then become best friends. Eventually, they fall in love but get separated due to some problems. But in the end, they overcome all the hurdles and get together again. In his story, Tisha belonged to Aman at last. Atleast, in fiction, she was his.

Life is short and days pass away.
Could you stay with me just for a little longer?
I will always be there for you and whatever happens I will always be madly in love with you. We may face many obstacles in our path but we will face them together and stay together even if life shows its wrath.

Tisha couldn't control her tears after reading the book. She hugged it to herself. Aman loved her like crazy and she just threw it away just because of her irrational fears. Maybe, this time it was her eternal happiness. Maybe, life was compensating her past with Aman this time. Maybe, Aman was supposed to be the reason of all her future happiness and love.

Muskan entered the room as the baraat had arrived. She was saying something but stopped as her eyes fell on the gorgeous painting in front of her. "Woah!" was her only reaction.

"Muski, maine bohat der kar di." [Muskan, I took so long.] Tisha cried.

"Tu ullu ki patthi hai Tisha." [You're an idiot Tisha.] She scolded her.

"Muski. Mujhe Aman k paas le ja. Aik aakhri baar." [Muskan, take me to Aman, one last time.]

"Tisha, it's too late now. He's gone. You lost him." Muskan told her. "I've come to take you down. The baraat has arrived."

"No. It's not late. I want him. I want to talk to him. I want to say a few things to him and then he can do whatever he wants to do." She told her.

"Tisha, it's of no use now. He would have reached the city by now."

"Shut up." She was going crazy. She looked around and searched for something. She ran downstairs, dressed up in her wedding dress with heavy jewellery.

"Tisha. Listen to me." Muskan kept shouting but she never listened to anyone.

She ran here and there like a mad woman searching for her brother.

"Veer, give me the keys." She asked him.

"Gharpe teri baraat khadi hai aur tu chaabi maang rahi hai." [Your baraat is here and you're asking for keys.]

"Veer please, for once, listen to me." She begged him.

"No." He spoke sternly.

"Veer please! I can't do this." She cried.

"I will see how you'll escape from here." He threatened her. She cried as the guests saw the proceedings happening on the day of wedding.

"Tisha!" Her mom called her out and threw the keys at her. She catched them and looked at her surprised. She went towards her and hugged her tightly.

"Be quick!" She pulled away and told her. Tisha ran out as her dad saw all that happening in front of his eyes

But one thing was constantly running in her mind.
W

hat if it was truly too late? What if he had left her forever.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Happy now? Will she catch him before he catches his flight? Wait for the last chapter to see that.