Chapter VIII

Chapter VIII - No Regrets.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

After the pre wedding festivities came to an end from the Bride, Ishita's side, the main function of the wedding was supposed to be after a week because the bridesgroom and his family were coming from abroad and they couldn't get the tickets early.

Aman was surprisingly out of his den today and was roaming around the house probably searching for his partner. He went to the courtyard and saw his dad having the time of his life with his old friends over a cup of hot tea. There was heavy laughter echoing in the courtyard and he would be lying if he denied that it made him happy to see his best buddy being carefree like that.

He continued and went towards the kitchen where he finally found her.
"Hazelll!" He spoke in a sing song voice.

"Whatt?" She mimicked him as she continued to fry something in the pan.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he sat on the counter beside her. She was twirling some white stuff in the oil pan and some bollywood music was blasting through her phone which sounded something like Jalebi Bai.

"Making Jalebis. Here try them." She offered him the hot freshly prepared orange looking sweets, dripping with the sweet syrup.

"This stuff is so messy."

"Just try. It tastes like heaven." She moaned in pleasure as she grabbed a bite. Aman picked up one and was mesmerized by the divine taste.

"Oh my...What is this blessing?"

"Told ya!" She smirked proudly.

"Can I try too?" He asked curiously. Tisha nodded as she helped him grab the cloth with the batter and made him twirl it.

"Stop twirling yourself with them." She slapped his shoulder and laughed like crazy.

"Try it. It's fun." He chuckled. The next few minutes were passed in twirling, dancing, laughing like maniacs, making and eating the delicious Jalebis at the bollywood beats. Aman could swear upon his life that he hadn't ever enjoyed this much ever. There carefree dance was interrupted by a kid who came there.

"Tisha didi! Apko uncle ji bahar bula rahey hain." [Tisha, your father is calling you outside.]

Tisha looked at him confused and nodded at him. Aman gave her a questioning look and she just shook her head in confusion, indicating that she was as clueless as him. Nevertheless, he accompanied her outside in the same messy look that they both were in.

"Tisha beta! They are here to see you." Her dad smiled at her and the new guests sitting there and enjoying the evening tea and snacks.

"See me? For what?" She stood there with a resting poker face.

"What do you think?" Her brother stepped ahead.

"I am not talking to you, alright. Just cut the crap and let me talk." She seethed at him.

For the first time, Aman realised that Tisha never talked to her brother in a friendly way. She always ignored him or gave one word replies. There was surely something wrong between them.