Chapter VI

Chapter VI - "It's a Deal!"

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Things changed for Aman the day he agreed to Tisha's friendship offer. The same Aman who always had a resting poker face began to enjoy the village traditions and eagerly waited for every next day to explore more about the culture and activities beside Tisha. Another thing that changed was his perception of Tisha. The same witch was now his best friend, who taught him everything with so much ease and in her own weird ways. Even if he hated to admit that but he enjoyed a lot with her. Infact, he spent most of his time with her rather than his dad. It was a positive change. It was easy to bond with that chirpy and fun-loving, desi Patakha - the main reason being the small age gap.

"Aman! It's already 6. Get up quickly. We are already late. We had to go around. Remember?" Her shrill voice was the first thing that graced his ears in the morning.

"Ughh. Get lost, Dayan. I have barely slept."

"Aman, get up or else I'd have to do something you won't like." She warned him.

"Do whatever you want but just leave me alone and let me sleep for the love of Jesus Christ."

Tisha chuckled and grabbed a jug of ice cold water. "Good thing, I don't really love Jesus." She giggled and poured the jug on his dreamy face.

"What the actual f--" He cursed as he got up, startled and his teeth rattling.

"Shut up. Don't curse." She warned him before he could complete. "Now get up, change your clothes and come to the roof. I'll take your breakfast there." She told him and went out.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

"How do you eat this?" He asked confused as he eyed the aloo paratha, yogurt, lassi and a few other items in front of him. Tisha sat beside him on the chatai. [Floor mat]

"Watch me!" She chuckled and took a morsel of the food and took sips of lassi at regular intervals. Aman observed her carefully and tried to imitate her ways. He had to admit that the aloo paratha was delicious but it was too much messy. His hands were all dirty and so was his mouth but he enjoyed eating that. It was perfectly according to his taste. They laughed at how he created a mess around him while eating but he was enjoying it like a child for the first time and the sight was beyond adorable. It was a kind of adventure for him.

After they were done with the breakfast, he went to clean up and then joined the ladies at the roof. Dadi ji [Grandmother] was sitting at the charpai [a bed made of ropes and jute.] and oiling the hair of little girls. After she was done, she called Aman.

"Come here. It's your turn now." She smiled at him and patted the place.

"No no no. I am not gonna put that oil on my beautiful hair." He spoke horrified. "Never."

"Aman, come on. It's good for your hair. You'll feel so good after the massage." Tisha whined, trying to persuade him.

"I said no. I can't do this." He spoke as he took several steps backwards.

"Aman!" Tisha eyed him dangerously as a few other women came to her help and grabbed him forcefully. They settled him on the floor mat. He made a disgusted face as she started oiling his hair and the women giggled, enjoying his torture.