Chapter IX

Chapter IX - Festivities.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

The groom had finally arrived and the wedding was going to take place tomorrow. The whole house was buzzing with excitement and people. Aman had never seen these much people gathered under the same roof all at once and he felt suffocated between hundreds of strangers. Just because he was kind of cute for the elderly ladies, they thought of him as a personal property. Poor Aman had to bear all the torture with a continuous fake smile because apparently he had to be polite with everyone according to his dad. He was mentally cursing the moment when he agreed to that. People were asking him silly questions and all he wanted to reply was that they shouldn't poke their noses in his life.

He was roaming here and there cluelessly. The whole house was so noisy as if the wedding was of their own and not the neighbours. Plus the kurta that he was wearing right now was adding to his misery. He wanted to just run away from this suffocating environment. He was tired of The aunties pulling his cheeks every now and then and giving fake smiles in return when internally he was cringing and vomitting.

"Aman puttar." Somebody called out.

He pretended not to hear and continued walking. He finally found Tisha's mom and sighed in relief. Tisha's mom was someone whom he liked very much. She had always treated him like her own son and he was too fond of her. "Aunty, do you know where Hazel is?"

"Who Hazel?" She asked confused.

"Oops. I mean Tisha." He popped out his tongue.

"Oho. You call her Hazel." She teased him making him blush. "No beta. Sorry, I haven't seen her for an hour."

Disappointed, he walked downstairs when a kid with a cute red turban came up to him. "Aman bhaiyya! Apko papa bula rahe hain apke." [Aman brother, your father is calling you.]

"Khidar hain mere papa?" [Where is my father?] He asked him curiously and a bit relieved to know that his torture would somewhat end now.

"Wo jee. Bahir." [He's outside.]

He told him and pointed outside. He thanked God and made his way through the crowded environment. He was about to step out when an arm came out of the door right beside him and with a jerk, he was pulled in a store room.

"Oh..Thank God, it's you. I've been looking for you." He sighed in relief. He looked around. It was some kind of library. They were standing in between an aisle with book shelves in front of him and at his back. His eyes roamed around filled with wonder. He was in his own personal heaven right now. Books and Aman was the best love story ever. He felt her arms snaking around his neck that brought him back to the world of reality.

"What are you doing? I need to go to Dad. He was calling me." He spoke getting nervous and sweaty all of a sudden.

"Us bandar ko mene bheja tha. Koi dad nahi bula rahe tumhain." [I sent that kid. Your dad didn't call you.] She smiled cheekily at him as she traced her finger along his face, closing his eyes.

"You're so cunning."

"I know, right?" She whispered getting annoyed by the way he was feeling all awkward and intimidated by her. She slapped his chest lightly and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Can you just stop being so much intimidated and enjoy?"

"Enjoy? You guys call this enjoyment? I feel like a trapped animal in the zoo full of people. Everywhere, there are aunties pulling me here and there. I don't even know anymore. I feel like a newborn baby and God, my cheeks hurt from so much pulling and fake smiling."