Chapter XXV

Chapter XXV - Too late!

It was the first time that the world was witnessing a bride dressed up in her wedding attire, riding a bike at full speed. She grabbed a thousand eyeballs at every step she took but she couldn't care before as well and neither did she now. The bride on the bike had determination in her eyes and she had promised Aman that she would fight for herself so that's what she was doing. There were tears in her eyes and a constant fear in her heart about what could happen if she couldn't make it on time. Her hands were trembling but the determination was over powering everything. He was worth every try.

He was a gem and she knew it before as well. No soul could love her as much as and as purely as Aman. She knew he could give her all the love she had ever craved for. The only reason she distanced herself was that she thought she was unworthy of him and that she would hurt him if she chose him. So she chose to hurt herself. It was the easier way out. But only now, she realised what she was doing and how stupid she had been all the while. It was so unlike her but guess love does that to you. It takes away your sanity and reasoning power.

Her heels were on the accelerator constantly and her bangles were jingling in the silence of the night along with the roar of the motor bike. After travelling at a speed of 120 kilometres per hour for about 30 minutes, she reached the exact place where they had first seen each other. She was surprised to see a car standing there in darkness. The driver was fixing something. She chuckled, remembering the time when she fixed their car. Everything changed but the car remained the same. The Gods were with her. She stopped the bike and got down. She threw in the chewing gum in her mouth and peeked inside the window.

"Oye hoye. Aaj to wilayti maal wapas jaa raha hai." [Uh on, the foreigners are going back today.] She chuckled through her tears.

Aman's face was sucked out of breath. It was as white and as cold as a block of ice. It seemed like he had seen a ghost. Ofcourse anyone could mistake a bride travelling alone at night on a bike for a witch.

"Tu gaadi main beth. Main karti hun." [You sit in the car. I will fix it.] She told the driver and he obliged looking at her with wide eyes.

She went back to the window and knocked at it.

"Tu bahar nikal, gadhey, ullu k patthay." [You get out. You idiot.] She ordered Aman. Rahul and his dad burst out laughing as Aman gulped and opened the door. She slapped him lightly as tears made their way out.

"Aakhir kaar pad gyi na meri zaroorat. Aik gaadi tak to fix hoti nahi tujhse poori zindagi kya karega?" [You know you need me, right? You can't fix a car even. What will you do your whole life?] She asked him as tears made their way out. She couldn't believe that it was her fate, her destiny, that was so kind to her to not let Aman slip away.

She grabbed his collar and turned his face to her. "Abey o darpok, tu waqai main bohat stupid hai. Aik number ka idiot. Main tujhse pyaar karti hoon. Tu mujhse pyaar karta hai. Mujh se itna zyada pyaar karta hai aur phir bhi mujhe uss Dev ko de k jaa raha hai? Tu pagal hai kya? Pyar shabd ka matlab bhi pata hai tujhe? Ladna hota hai pyaar k liye, uss ko paane k liye. Magar tu hai k tu to sab ka baap nikla. Ye kisko dikhane k liye kiya hai tune. Sabko Gandhi ban k dikha raha hai k tu kitna mahaan hai? Kon karta hai apne pyaar k sath aisa? Koi aise apne pyaar ki qurbaani kese de sakta hai? Bol na. Ab kyun chup khada hai?" She spoke in a single breath. [Listen coward, you really are stupid. Idiot. You love me. I love you. And still you left me for Dev? Are you mad? Do you know the meaning of love? You have to fight for it. But you're the greatest of them all. Who are you trying to prove your greatness to? Do you want to show everyone how great are you like Gandhi? Who does that with his/her love? Who sacrifices his love like this? Speak now. Why are you quiet now?]